Team Kicker Draft Champions Rehash

CALI CARTEL

Team Kicker Draft Champions Rehash

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 am

If Josh Brown is released, this will be my last season playing the NFFC Draft Champions leagues without a change to the kicker requirements. Either the elimation of the position or a change to a Team Kicker is so past due in this format. This is not a situation where a kicker was a risk pick due to a camp battle, this was a completely unknown story until 3 days ago.

Even though I have two other kickers, I'm now likely down one of my better kickers who was setup to be a big part of a good offense.

Is he a complete douchebag for what he did? Yes. Should that hinder the chances of owners who drafted him months ago? No.

Is this really gonna take a Gostkowski injury in August to finally make this switch?

bald is beautiful

Re: Team Kicker Draft Champions Rehash

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 am

CALI CARTEL wrote:If Josh Brown is released, this will be my last season playing the NFFC Draft Champions leagues without a change to the kicker requirements. Either the elimation of the position or a change to a Team Kicker is so past due in this format. This is not a situation where a kicker was a risk pick due to a camp battle, this was a completely unknown story until 3 days ago.

Even though I have two other kickers, I'm now likely down one of my better kickers who was setup to be a big part of a good offense.

Is he a complete douchebag for what he did? Yes. Should that hinder the chances of owners who drafted him months ago? No.

Is this really gonna take a Gostkowski injury in August to finally make this switch?
Oh no, you pulled the "A change or I'm leaving" card. I thought only Chad had the power to do that.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:13 am

bald is beautiful wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:If Josh Brown is released, this will be my last season playing the NFFC Draft Champions leagues without a change to the kicker requirements. Either the elimation of the position or a change to a Team Kicker is so past due in this format. This is not a situation where a kicker was a risk pick due to a camp battle, this was a completely unknown story until 3 days ago.

Oh no, you pulled the "A change or I'm leaving" card. I thought only Chad had the power to do that.
This is a 3-year ongoing discussion, and there other alternatives now. Many owners have raised the same suggestion/complaint, but I've stayed out of loyalty to Greg & Tom's superior customer service. But after multiple years of kicker injuries and suspensions that are total unavoidable at a limited position, I've had enough.

If my complaints aren't enough ground swell, oh well; I'm not expecting a change, but if it doesn't, I'll be taking my business to the sites that don't use individual kickers in Draft Champions formats. I don't expect to be missed, so I'll let the door hit my ass on the way out.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:24 am

I have no problem with the discussion Ronny. I agree that one way or another we need to address injuries to that position before Week 1, whether that means Team Kicker, a one-time FAAB or something else. We saw the effect with Shaun Suisham's injury last year and there's no guarantee that Brown will be the last Kicker affected this year. We certainly don't like to see teams with a 0 at the kicker spot in Week 1.

I have no problem with the discussion. If it makes sense for all events then let's figure it out together. If only for certain events that draft early in the off-season, let's discuss. Maybe the time is right, who knows.

Let's see the pros and cons and figure it out, intelligently, if possible.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:08 am

I think Team Kicker would take care of this problem and there would be no need for early or extra waivers.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:34 am

I am all for team kickers everywhere just not in DC's alone. When League playoffs begin how nice would it be just to carry one team kicker instead of having two kickers on your roster in case one of them gets hurt. It would make for a deeper bench. I fully understand Greg and Tom can not do anything this year but it should be seriously thought of next year.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:57 am

BLACKHAND wrote:I am all for team kickers everywhere just not in DC's alone. When League playoffs begin how nice would it be just to carry one team kicker instead of having two kickers on your roster in case one of them gets hurt. It would make for a deeper bench. I fully understand Greg and Tom can not do anything this year but it should be seriously thought of next year.
I agree and am in favor of Team Kicker for all contests, though not because of the temper tantrum & threats used to initiate this discussion.
COZ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:04 pm

COZ wrote:
BLACKHAND wrote:I am all for team kickers everywhere just not in DC's alone. When League playoffs begin how nice would it be just to carry one team kicker instead of having two kickers on your roster in case one of them gets hurt. It would make for a deeper bench. I fully understand Greg and Tom can not do anything this year but it should be seriously thought of next year.
I agree and am in favor of Team Kicker for all contests, though not because of the temper tantrum & threats used to initiate this discussion.
It's a worthy discussion and my eyes are open. We're definitely drafting earlier and earlier each year, so let's discuss for 2017. If it makes the contest better of course we'll consider it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:14 pm

This is a text book example of how NOT to initiate a rule change discussion. Issue an ultimatum & demand change, threaten to leave if not changed, whine about how you may be harmed, not actually harmed, mind you, since it's only a one game suspension at this point & explain how "it's not my fault." I think I can actually hear your foot stomping amongst your snifling & cries for Mommy to make it all better.

That having been said, I agree with your underlying point. ;)
COZ

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Who is this Blackhand guy crying about team kickers? :)

How about Greg and TK offer "Kicker Insurance"

Lmfao.

Im changing my handle to the God Father after i beat this blackhand in the nyc auction :)
I.W
Johnny Frisella