Last Day For Signups As 8 Spots Remain

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:32 am

We officially have 216 paid NFFC members right now, which means we have eight spots left across the three cities. It is my goal to finish with full leagues in each city as we are three short in New York, three short in Chicago and two short in Las Vegas. However, I have four spots that likely will be filled for sure as I just need to follow up with a phone call to secure their credit cards.

I'm not trying to be a used car salesman during a final day blowout sale, just honestly letting everyone know where we stand today. By filling all three cities completely, I do not plan on trying for a 17th league as I'm ECSTATIC with the way things have gone this week. We will take names to be put on a standby list in each city just in case something happens, but my goal is to close up each league by midnight tonight and begin picking the leagues by noon on Monday.

So I'm at the office all day today to wrap this up. Call me at 715-445-4612, ext. 284 if you need anything. This has been an INCREDIBLE week and we'll cap it off with a good day today and then the announcement of leagues and draft positions tomorrow. That's a guarantee that all leagues will be announced tomorrow afternoon and night. Thanks again everyone and we'll see you in six days in Las Vegas, New York and Chicago!!!

[ August 29, 2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:38 am

Just for fun, I decided to see how many states are represented in the NFFC this year and the total was 34. Considering we don't take signups from five states, 34 out of 43 continental states isn't bad as I know we don't have anyone from Hawaii or Alaska. When we post the draft positions tomorrow, we'll list each principal owner's name, city and state so that you know who your competitors are and where they come from. That should help the trash talking right away!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:27 am

Greg, not to be a stickler, but Alaska and Hawaii are both in same CONTINENT as the other 48 CONTIGUOUS states.

Sorry to get the trash talking going in the wrong direction. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:38 am

Trust me, my error and your reply went right over my head. It's been that kind of weekend.

All is good. We have people on the hook to fill these final spots in every city and we will get it done by tomorrow. Once we do, we'll announce the leagues and draft picks online. I hate to make everyone wait until the afternoon/evening for that, but that's always how these final signups go. It will be 224, 16 full leagues, six full leagues in New York, six in Las Vegas and four in Chicago, mark my words. Now I just have to get the right people to sign up in the right cities!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:41 am

Just as an FYI: We still have one Auction League spot open in New York.

We also have 11 for a combined Chicago-Las Vegas Auction League that can be done. Please let me know if you're interested in that as we can make that happen easily. I know of two guys in Chicago who have interest in the Auction League, so we have a shot at filling this one as well.

Thanks everyone.....even you damn fence sitters! ;)

ryanash

Post by ryanash » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:54 am

King of Queens,

Actually, Greg is right according to how the U.S. defines continental states:
CITE- 5 USC Sec. 5701 -EXPCITE- TITLE 5 PART III Subpart D CHAPTER 57 SUBCHAPTER I -HEAD- Sec. 5701. Definitions
(6) 'continental United States' means the several States and the District of Columbia, but does not include Alaska or Hawaii.
and
Internal Revenue Sec. 18 (a) 4262 © "(1) Continental United States.---The term `continental United States' means the District of Columbia and the States other than Alaska and Hawaii."
You are right the 48 are contiguous but Alaska and Hawaii are not considered "continental" by US code.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:08 am

Wow, dorkknocker, only your second post and you get out the legal manual!!! Awesome, man.

Take that KOQ!!!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:10 am

Damn legal code! I thought I finally had Greg.

I'll get you next time, my pretty.