Who's Ready To Get The 2017 NFFC Season Started?

Greg Ambrosius

Who's Ready To Get The 2017 NFFC Season Started?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Are you ready for some football? :D :D

Of course you are. In fact, you've been ready for some football since the end of last season and the end of the Super Bowl. You are chomping at the bit for some fantasy football drafts. And we're as anxious to start this season as you are.

First of all let me apologize for being away from the NFFC site and NFFC Message Boards since the Super Bowl. Our Post-Season contest was a great success and once that concluded we were immersed in baseball. Our 14th National Fantasy Baseball Championship was a HUGE success with a record number of teams, revenue and prize money. We finished with over 8,600 baseball teams and we ran live drafts in New York and Chicago, and over two weekends at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Our NFBC Ultimate League in New York was carried live on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio for four hours. We set records for teams in the Main Event (480), Auction Championship (180), Online Championship (1,800), Draft Champions National Championship (3,000) and Satellite Leagues.

It was a monster of a season and honestly it just consumes us. No excuse for being away for the last two months, but it's the reality of our business. Maybe we can change that in the future.

We have hired a third person to work with us this season and that is Darik Buchar of SportsHub Technologies. Many of you may remember Darik because he was a player in our contest for many seasons. He had great success in the Rotowire Online Championship League and he is very, very familiar with our contest and our players. Darik will help with marketing, with growing our business online and he will be at our live events. He met a lot of our guys in Las Vegas during our live baseball drafts and he will fit in nicely with me and Tom. He's going to be a great addition to our staff and hopefully he will be one reason that we launch football sooner each year.

Okay, this thread is to say sorry for the delayed launch and to let you know we will have draft dates, prizes, rules and more shortly. I'll create a separate thread to give you our plan for 2017. Stay tuned for that. Thanks all. You're the best for putting up with Tom and I. :roll: But I promise that the wait will be worth it. See ya in the draft room soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius