NFFC Ruling On Texans-Ravens Game

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:41 pm

This week's game between Houston and Baltimore has been postponed by the NFL until Nov. 9. This week will be treated as a bye week for the Texans and Ravens. Since FAAB has already run for this week, no additional free-agent pickups can be made. If you do not have a replacement for any Houston or Baltimore player on your roster, you will have to take a 0 at that position this week. Good luck to all of our participants this weekend and our thoughts and prayers go out to those impacted in any way by Hurricane Ike.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:52 pm

We're working with STATS to get the following message either posted on everyone's team pages or sent out via email. When I find out more from STATS I'll provide an update.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 pm

'our thoughts and prayers go out to those impacted in any way by Hurricane Ike.'

This is what all of us should be saying...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:12 pm

The message has been posted to everyone's team pages in all of our events.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

cgoudey

Post by cgoudey » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Tom,
I think this is a bad ruling. I've got Kris Brown as my only kicker and obviously if I knew he was going to have a bye this week I would've replaced him. Is there any way to just allow people who are in this situation to replace that one guy?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Originally posted by Sensei:
Tom,
I think this is a bad ruling. I've got Kris Brown as my only kicker and obviously if I knew he was going to have a bye this week I would've replaced him. Is there any way to just allow people who are in this situation to replace that one guy? I can appreciate your frustration. I have the Ravens D in a league and can't replace them. But this is our ruling. We're not going to have selected pickups for selected people. That would create too many issues in our opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:00 pm

For Kickers and D's, if that is all you have (BAL-HOU), maybe you should get their average score? In this case it is one week, so it is that much easier to manage.

That would be fair to me.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
For Kickers and D's, if that is all you have (BAL-HOU), maybe you should get their average score? In this case it is one week, so it is that much easier to manage.

That would be fair to me. The thing is Ted, some owners have protected themselves and have a second kicker or defense. If we have a rule in place, it's one that has to be fair for everyone, not just a select few. Going forward, we can use this situation to perhaps revise our FAAB policy and/or deadline in some way, but I don't think it's fair to the events as a whole to make an adjustment for a select few after the season has begun.

Trust me, I'd love to be able to pick up a defense for this week in the KP Auction league so I can kick your butt even more definitively. :D

Seriously, the frustrations we're hearing aren't being lost on Greg and myself. We understand that people aren't happy and that some people will be forced to play shorthanded this week. It stinks and we definitely empathize. But we have to make a ruling that we believe is in the best interests of our entire events and we believe this ruling does that.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:19 pm

I know this is a tough call and your decision was the only one to make. There are no fair or good alternatives.

I did just notice that you are going to be without a D in the KP Auction but you will probably still win going away. That is a nice team you built.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King