Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Route Collectors

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:52 pm

.....for pulling Manning and Clark 1 series into the 2nd half. The only Colts game I get to attend all year and my wifes 1st ever game and I get to watch $2700 float down the drain.
I dare someone to tell me this is a game of skill while using this game to support your arguement.

As much as I love FF...I really hate it right now.

Message to Jim Caldwell...."be your own man..Tonys not your boss any more" :mad:

kjduke

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by kjduke » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Horrible coaching move for fans, players and the NFL, but a predictable outcome for FF.

I rode Manning all year but wanted nothing to do with him this game - why would anyone have started Peyton this week ???

Ted's Cracked Head

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:32 pm

This decision has me hoping the Colts go one and done in the playoffs.

The benefactors were the Jets. If I was on one of the other AFC bubble teams who may get bumped for the Jets, I would sure hope I see the Colts on my schedule next year.

It truly sucks for the Colts fans but one question:

If they go on to win the SB, will you forgive them?

Note: what were tickets going for outside of the stadium today? Just curious as it would doubly suck to have paid a premium for the pleasure of that viewing experience.

[ December 27, 2009, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Rob B ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Sandman62

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Just to play devil's advocate for a sec... aren't great players measured (rightly or not) by how many Super Bowls they win? As much as going undefeated might feed the ego, it doesn't actually WIN anything more than the Super Bowl. From a business perspective, don't teams get a lot more money from sales when they win the Super Bowl? Would being undefeated really increase those revenues?

I agree, as a fan, it sucks... because WE want to see perfection. Even the players probably wanted it. But as a business, I'm not sure it wasn't the right call.

kjduke

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by kjduke » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Just to play devil's advocate for a sec... aren't great players measured (rightly or not) by how many Super Bowls they win? I think they're measured first by how they play the game. It clearly wasn't the players decision, but along the same line of thinking ... I think the Colts organization lost a lot of respect today, whether they win the SB or not.

Sandman62

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:00 pm

I agree. And if they were really focused on their customers - the fans - they would give them and the players what they want. Some exec probably thinks this works out better?

BillyWaz

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Originally posted by Rob B:
The benefactors were the Jets. If I was on one of the other AFC bubble teams who may get bumped for the Jets, I would sure hope I see the Colts on my schedule next year.
Yes, as a Steelers fan, I am pissed.

If the Patriots win next weekend at Houston, the Bengals have NOTHING to play for on SNF, as they will be locked into the 4th seed.

Wanna take a guess who the Bengals play next week??

That's right, the JETS!

This means the Jets will more than likely get TWO weekends in row where they get a team that just "rolls over".

This has been a very forgettable football season for a multitude of reasons. :(

[ December 27, 2009, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Sandman62

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:13 pm

This happened to our Browns a couple years ago too when TEN got to play a SD team that didn't care that week. It's frustrating.

Ted's Cracked Head

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Forgive me if I have this wrong but I think the fans deserved the opportunity to go to a game and see the best the team has to offer, especially when they may only get 8 chances a year. This isn't baseball where they play 300 games a year, this is a select number of games in which the fans pay through the nose to go. It seems like fraud to me and yes, I know I am taking this a bit far.

There are no guarantees that the Colts are going to make it to their goal nor is there one shred of evidence that suggests this resting period improves a teams chance of succeeding. If they do not reach their goal, they should reimburse the fans for these last two weeks worth of crap they fielded.

They gave up a chance to make history for a shot at a goal that requires them to win 3 more games after resting for 3 weeks. Yeah, that is likely. (not)

Sitting players is like playing scared to me. Like playing not to lose instead of trying to win. It rubs me the wrong way and is an injustice to the game, especially when it affects others. Their decision affected the competitive balance and that is bad Karma.

Go Bengals. Now that Vick has won an award, maybe Ced can be the SB MVP? How special would that be?

yeah I know, what if Manning got hurt? How many years has he played? How many games has he missed? I cannot remember.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Route Collectors

Thanks Jim Caldwell....

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
why would anyone have started Peyton this week ??? Probably for the same reason you left 14 pts on your bench playing the ever unreliable MSW over S.Moss Kevin.

There are no crystal balls to gaze into for any of us. I had J.freeman as my only other option. :eek: It cost me a big 5 pts.

The real issue here is how badly the fans got cheated. People paid good money...braved bad weather conditions and were shocked when the starters got pulled. After all...the starters played the entire game last week on the road with absolutely nothing to gain and Caldwell says all week he's going to play it like the Jax game so we all believed the starters are playing unless it gets out of hand either way.

It was 15-10 with 8 min to go in the 3rd. If you guessed they were coming out at that point then you're a freakin genius...but hey...congrats on the lucky call to play Orton. :rolleyes: