9 Spots Left: Sept. 2 NY Live $400 Draft Champions

Tom Kessenich

9 Spots Left: Sept. 2 NY Live $400 Draft Champions

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am

Unfortunately, interest in the Throwback has grinded to a halt. Ideally, I'd love to sell out that great fun league for a third consecutive year and have that be our way of concluding two exciting days of live events in New York. But if that doesn't happen we'd still like to offer something. We have the space paid for so we might as well use it right?

So here are some ideas that I was thinking about for a possible Throwback replacement if we need to cancel that contest:

1. 12-Team Auction. There had been some discussion of a $2,500 auction in NY but that didn't really take off but trying to sell out a third auction and scheduling it for Saturday night would be an option if the interest was there.

2. A "Live" $350 Online Championship. We did some of these in Vegas for the NFBC and they were a lot of fun. This league would be part of the Online Championship but we'll draft it live for $350. We'd get it done in under two hours and have a lot of fun.

3. A $500 12-team satellite. This would be another option, make it a separate league with all the prizes staying in the league. Again with 12 teams we could get this done in under two hours.

Those were my ideas. If I had to pick one I like the most it would be the "Live" Online Championship but I wanna hear what you guys like and would want to do. If there's another idea I didn't list please put it down and let's discuss. But we wanna have one more league on Saturday night so if we can figure something out that folks wanna do let's get it done.

Thoughts on all this?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Re: Saturday Night Sept. 2 In New York - What Should We Do?

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 am

I would prefer one of the first two options.

Most of us would have already done a bunch of OL CShips at that point, and no sense in doing another where there is little to no chance of "big money" coming out of a stacked league.

I'm there for the night though. My original plan is to head down after the Primetime to the GST see what it is all about. I heard the wings are the best on the east coast!! :)

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:04 am

Honestly, I'm coming to NYC NOT to draft on Saturday, but I would consider a Saturday evening draft if it was quick and simple. How about a 12/14 team, 28 round, $500 DC. It'll take around 2 hours to complete.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:11 am

Thanks guys. One reason I'm not pushing an auction is the Throwback was $750 and my goal here isn't for those who want to do something to pay us more. We're not looking to make money off you guys but rather have something fun to conclude the weekend.

I was just going to put a DC option on my first post but Bill beat me to it. Maybe a 12-team, 26-round Live DC is an option for $500-$750 in that price range. That way folks get to do another fun live event but don't have to worry about another team to deal with in terms of FAAB each week. How would that sound?

I still like the Live Online Championship idea so I don't wanna push that aside. But let's keep discussing.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:19 am

Agree Tom, after two days of drafting, simple is good. 12 team, 26 rounds. Two hours, we're done. $500-$750 entry. !00% payback... :lol: :shock:
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bill Cleavenger

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:20 am

BigBlueNation wrote:Agree Tom, after two days of drafting, simple is good. 12 team, 26 rounds. Two hours, we're done. $500-$750 entry. !00% payback... :lol: :shock:
When I said we didn't want to make money off you guys I didn't mean NO money. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 am

I would likely come to NYC if there was a live D.C. Auction.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 am

Don Draper wrote:I would likely come to NYC if there was a live D.C. Auction.
Boom.

That's reason enough right there isn't it folks? :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:Agree Tom, after two days of drafting, simple is good. 12 team, 26 rounds. Two hours, we're done. $500-$750 entry. !00% payback... :lol: :shock:
When I said we didn't want to make money off you guys I didn't mean NO money. :)
But, you already have the place rented, what's another 2 hours for your loyal customers that drive 1000 miles for your product? You want to get players, make it fun, $500 entry, 100% payback on the last draft of the weekend.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Cleavenger

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:25 am

Don Draper wrote:I would likely come to NYC if there was a live D.C. Auction.
Are you sure NYC would allow you to visit there city? :D
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Cleavenger