Can You Beat The WCOFF Owners In The NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:04 am

I'm happy to report that our latest signup is the tag team of Jesse Herron and Dustin Ashby, the new owners of the World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF). Jesse and Dustin have been members of the NFBC family since our inception in 2004 and they competed in the NFFC in 2004 and 2005 before work got in the way of the draft last year. In March when we hooked up in Las Vegas for the NFBC drafts, Jesse and I talked about continuing the goodwill we have personally into the football season and honoring each other's events with our pocketbooks. I told Jesse it would be great to finally compete in the WCOFF in Las Vegas and he agreed to buy a spot in the NFFC again in Las Vegas.

I know it shows goodwill to the industry that the two premiere high-stakes events are working together and willing to spread the news about each event to their participants. I've always felt that we weren't competitors because our game formats are so different and our draft dates will always be different. If anything, I think both of our events can grow by promoting and creating prizes for people who excel in both events and Jesse and Dustin agree. I trust this will be good for both events and I know Jesse won't mind handing me the $300,000 check later on and I'll gladly put his bald mug on my Fantasy Sports Magazine cover if he wins the $100,000 here!! :D

Welcome aboard Jesse and Dustin and get ready for another tough competition. I'll start preparing for this 12-team format as well and I look forward to the draft spots on July 15th. You won't get your draft spots here so early because we have this crazy format that we call KDS/3RR. You guys should try it someday!! :D :D

No more war of words between the two contests. Let the fun begin and let all serious fantasy football players enjoy both contests and both formats. I know I certainly will in 2007 and so will Jesse and Dustin. Good luck guys and fill up all 1,200 spots.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:13 am

Very nice. The way it should be. I'm glad that days of the letters NFFC being filtered out and showing up as **** on the WCOFF boards are long behind us. I never met Dustin but shared a cab ride with Jesse in Vegas once and had a nice conversation - don't know if he remembers. Besides being a businessman, he's a very solid FF player and should not be taken lightly. Good luck to both pairs of bosses in the opposing contests.
For Players. By Players.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:26 am

Good move for both contests.

Greg, maybe Lou can feed you some WCOFF satellite results :D :D :D

slam

Post by slam » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:12 pm

Great move for both contests. I look forward to seeing who does better.
Good drafting to both teams!
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Very nice. The way it should be. I'm glad that days of the letters NFFC being filtered out and showing up as **** on the WCOFF boards are long behind us. I never met Dustin but shared a cab ride with Jesse in Vegas once and had a nice conversation - don't know if he remembers. Besides being a businessman, he's a very solid FF player and should not be taken lightly. Good luck to both pairs of bosses in the opposing contests. 100% agreement. And here's to all the good that comes from advancing the FF cause.
This hobby should be bigger than Poker IMO.

3'

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:21 pm

I would like to see you guys get together and offer a bonus for the team that competes in both challenges and has the highest total score using both scores over 16 weeks.

The prize could be entry into both events next year?

-------------------------------------------

I applaud the move and think that it is smart for both as there are more games being created and the competition for those dollars will stiffen. Having the 2 biggest work together would be a substantial hurdle for others to overcome. Just my 2c.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:12 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I would like to see you guys get together and offer a bonus for the team that competes in both challenges and has the highest total score using both scores over 16 weeks.

I gotta be honest, this is a great idea by Rob.I'd even go further and say,
The highest scoring team (nffc + wcoff) through 16 weeks wins a free entry into both events next year. The 2nd highest scoring team wins entry into one of the events next year.

It would be good for business and might just get me off the fence and join the wcoff
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:44 am

I applaud the move and think that it is smart for both as there are more games being created and the competition for those dollars will stiffen. Having the 2 biggest work together would be a substantial hurdle for others to overcome. Just my 2c. Great idea.
'The prize could be entry into both events next year?' Sounds good to me. That means Rob you have to play in both. :D

[ July 11, 2007, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:23 am

I will be playing in the WCOFF as well as the NFFC from here on out. I am now funded to do so. ;)

I would be a lifer in the NFFC but did not know that it was an option in its first year.

The only WCOFF event I missed was last year because of a family engagement. That won't happen again even with the 11 week season, no 3RR and 12 team leagues. :D
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:56 am

I applaud the move and think that it is smart for both as there are more games being created and the competition for those dollars will stiffen. Having the 2 biggest work together would be a substantial hurdle for others to overcome. Just my 2c. Jesse and I will definitely talk about this. It's a good idea that we both support. We just really haven't had the time to sit down and discuss how we'd do it since both formats are different (they don't use Week 12 like we do). But it's a good idea.

I'm going to offer another incentive offer this morning. Watch for it soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius