20 Thoughts

botherk

20 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 am

This replaces the Monday Morning Countdown this week.
My wife left me alone to my own devices this weekend. My ass print is still embedded in the couch. Anyway, a lot of thoughts-

20. Lamplack or those little strips under players eyes are Man Makeup.

19. Richard Seymour was flagged for pulling the dreads or hair of another player. He shouldn't have been flagged, he should have been applauded.

18. Joey Galloway pisssed off Tom Brady. I would not want to own Joey Galloway in any fantasy league. It's like pisssing off the Pope.

17."How FU----- hard is it!!?" Was Brady's retort after Galloway flubbed an easy pass. Troy Aikman responded that he used to say the same thing.

16. Those guns that shoot t-shirts into the crowd at minor league games, powerful, and not knowing which deck they'll land in?
JeMarcus Russell's arm, right?

15. The Oakland crowds used to look pretty intimidating,I look at them now and think Rocky Horror Picture Show.

14. I've never seen a seahawk. I've seen a duck...Aflac...and I've seen Beavers, the northwest part of our country has the least intimidating monickers.

13. Best sign at a college game is from Oregon St...You Can't Lick Our Beavers!!

12. The Eagles have a great game with Kolb and Jackson lighting it up. So who do they grab to interview after the game? Michael Vick. I almost hurled.

11. The Cardinals have a tight end named Spach. So, when Warner completes a pass to him, trekkie geeks rejoice, Captain Kurt to Spach.

10. Two Moss'ss's caught touchdowns, neither were named Randy....or Kate

9. I keep reading that Flacco has a career day. When are these considered normal?

8. A receiver signalling first down is as tired as a baseball player pointing to the Heavens after a single.

7. Both need it, but right now Brett Favre would be a better choice as spokesman for Just for Men hair gel over Joey Galloway.

6.There was only one kick return and two defensive touchdowns this week, one by Cincy, a team hardly any fantasy player would own. That'll keep fantasy scores down.

5. Also keeping scores down were touchdowns by such household names as Fells, Hartsock, Kuhn, and Denney

4. It was also good to see Hoss Cartwright's boy, Rock, coming off the Ponderosa to score a touchdown.

3. If you have Raiders, Browns, Bucs, Rams, or Redskins on your roster, my condolensces.

2. Eric Mangini's coaching genius is only exceeded by his charisma...100% Sarcasm

1 "Presence of mind"- Usually said by an announcer when a player makes a smart play. Does this insinuate that most of play is without a presence of mind?

[ September 28, 2009, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

The Franchise

20 Thoughts

Post by The Franchise » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:29 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D

Now that was funny, especially 18 and 17. I was watching that game and I said to myself. "Oh crap Brady is pissed" LOL "Looks like Galloway will be dropped in every league as he will not get another pass thrown to him this year".......
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

pizzatyme

20 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:52 am

Brady gripes at Galloway, yet Brady is without reproach for overthrowing several passes. Brady is back to his above average self.

While the Bengals won the game, their clock management was atrocious! 0:52 left with 2 timeouts on the 15YL and they're clocking the ball on 1st down.

You need downs more than time at that point, but what do I know. Then they did it again after getting the first down on the 3YL with about 0:30 left and a timeout.

Good grief!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

botherk

20 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:55 am

Not to mention going for two points at strange times.
They're still Bungals, just lucky Bungals.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Quahogs

20 Thoughts

Post by Quahogs » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:01 am

hey hey dough good work :D

botherk

20 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks Q.

I miss your pictures on these Boards.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

mikeybok

20 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:57 am

Very good ... 19 - 15 were Great! Very Funny! Thanks
Hakuna Matata!

The Franchise

20 Thoughts

Post by The Franchise » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Brady gripes at Galloway, yet Brady is without reproach for overthrowing several passes. Brady is back to his above average self.

While the Bengals won the game, their clock management was atrocious! 0:52 left with 2 timeouts on the 15YL and they're clocking the ball on 1st down.

You need downs more than time at that point, but what do I know. Then they did it again after getting the first down on the 3YL with about 0:30 left and a timeout.

Good grief! Brady.......Above average, really??? :rolleyes: Last time I checked most NFL experts rank him with the top QB'S of all time. Some might dare say Top 5.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Robert Edwards

20 Thoughts

Post by Robert Edwards » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:54 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

10. Two Moss'ss's caught touchdowns, neither were named Randy....or Kate

Great stuff, as usual Mr. Dan. But I cannot recall...would you consider Kate Moss a "tight end" or a "wide reciever"? :D
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

botherk

20 Thoughts

Post by botherk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:06 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
4. It was also good to see Hoss Cartwright's boy, Rock, coming off the Ponderosa to score a touchdown.Other relations:
Chester Taylor, Opie's nephew
Jeremy Stevens, Darrin and Samantha's grandson
Tom Brady, Greg's boy
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!