Cutline Free Agent Pickups

Steel Lugnuts

Cutline Free Agent Pickups

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:07 pm

Just curious as to the reasoning behind FA pickups only allowed week 2, 6 and 9? Something strategic only for Cutline leagues to make it unique?

Why do I ask? Glad you asked! :)

I lost a TE to IR during week 2, so too late to add/drop. I currently have a TE on a bye and another in concussion protocol from last week, so may not play. I could play week 5 with no TE. Not sure many teams drafted more than 3-TE's, some even only drafted 2.

While I'm familiar with the rules, as I've been in Cutline leagues from the beginning, but after possibly being screwed this week, I started wondering why there aren't FA pickups every week, or at least through week 9.

Thanks as always, love the Cutline Leagues!

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Cutline Free Agent Pickups

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm

The NFFC Cutline League was set up as a low-maintenance in-season league, which is why we allow 26 roster spots on Draft Day. Owners hopefully can have a full roster to cover for the byes and injuries during the season. With only three FAAB periods and only one day during each of those weeks, it has become a contest that people like because there are fewer in-season moves.

Again, you have much deeper rosters in the Cutline, so stack those final roster spots with multiple backups at every position. Hope that helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:58 pm

Yep, that helps, thanks for the explanation, figured it was something along those lines. Guess I'll need to draft 4 or 5 TE's next year. :)

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:09 am

You are not alone... I lost Kicker Santos after the week 2 moves; not a big deal unless you only have Bailey or Hopkins off this week. Ouch. That said, I like not having so many waiver periods to worry about. Heck, even the king of kickers last year, Tucker got a ZERO and a ONE this year.

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:57 pm

You said Bailey but he's not off this week.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion