Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
How in the world did you get Tomlinson, Holt, and Ward! Your telling me Torry slipped to pick 27 (assuming you had the #2)? Some people must have been sleeping in that league!

Wait, isn't that Gecko's league??? :eek: ;) yes. :mad:

sorry, i picked #13, nothing i could do but watch holt go to them. i guess we got some real good owners in our league. someone took kevin jones before Holt! talk about a team that is the frontrunner. it's gonna take a tomlinson, holt, or ward injury for anyone to touch him. they did a good job drafting, but my mom probably could have pulled the trigger on those players as well.

1 1 LaDainian Tomlinson RB
1 2 Priest Holmes RB
1 3 Shaun Alexander RB
1 4 Deuce McAllister RB
1 5 Ahman Green RB
1 6 Clinton Portis RB
1 7 Jamal Lewis RB
1 8 Edgerrin James RB
1 9 Peyton Manning QB
1 10 Randy Moss WR
1 11 Kevan Barlow RB
1 12 Fred Taylor RB
1 13 Domanick Davis RB
1 14 Daunte Culpepper QB
2 1 Marvin Harrison WR
2 2 Brian Westbrook RB
2 3 Rudi Johnson RB
2 4 Chris Brown RB
2 5 Corey Dillon RB
2 6 Stephen Davis RB
2 7 Travis Henry RB
2 8 Marshall Faulk RB
2 9 Thomas Jones RB
2 10 Terrell Owens WR
2 11 Chad Johnson WR
2 12 Kevin Jones RB Geez
2 13 Lee Suggs RB
2 14 Torry Holt WR

[ October 02, 2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:21 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
How in the world did you get Tomlinson, Holt, and Ward! could be my pick to win the $100,000

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:57 pm

He's got to get lucky and get a rb injury because all he has is LT. He's been lucky O. Smith wasn't suspended or he'd be in the middle of the pack right now instead of in 2nd place. RB's are LT, George, Fisher, O. Smith, K. Faulk, and Pinner. O. Smith starting gives him a great chance. O. Smith carrying the ball 5-6 times a game and he's 25-50 at best. He's starting Tony Fisher this week. That should tell you all you need to know. When I saw Ponch draft Holt and Ward in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I knew he'd be competitive but that's it unless he gets some injury help.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:04 pm

Geck...whats the status on your first round pick for this weeks games ?

2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:48 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[qb] How in the world did you get Tomlinson, Holt, and Ward! Your telling me Torry slipped to pick 27 (assuming you had the #2)? Some people must have been sleeping in that league!Another classic case of RB paranoia handing it to the top 2 teams. This is a great example of why I and others see the value of drafting up front.

"It's just as easy to win from 14 as it is from 1"......Tee..Hee..Hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FatPerez

Post by FatPerez » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:48 pm

Now Tamu, there you go again! I'm sorry if our choice to draft those receivers with our 2nd-4th picks somehow didn't sit well with you. However, we weren't about to take some doorstop of a RB just because The Fantasy Football Bylaws said we had to. Listen, I am impressed with your depth at RB, as T.Henry and E.James would be a strong backfield even in a 10 man league. Do I wish we had Henry as our #2 RB? Sure, but the draft just didn't allow it. Now, that being said, I'll still put Ladainian, any one of our pathetic #2 RB's, and our WR's up against anyone's squad. I'm willing to bet that our shortcomings at #2 RB will be balanced out by our depth at WR. Lastly, you better pray to the god of disgruntled punks that the league deals with O.Smith soon, and that K.Jones comes back quickly from his vaginal contusion, and takes his carries back from Pinner. Otherwise my friend, it could get very scary indeed. Now Tamu, the next time you post a message, at least try and be complimentary. Tell me how pretty my eyes are, or how slim my size-50 Charles Oakley Knicks jersey makes me look!!! Hugs & Kisses, Poncharello
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:40 am

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Geck...whats the status on your first round pick for this weeks games ? i haven't looked. fill me in. thanks.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:47 am

Originally posted by FatPerez:
I'll still put Ladainian, any one of our pathetic #2 RB's, and our WR's up against anyone's squad. I'm willing to bet that our shortcomings at #2 RB will be balanced out by our depth at WR. I hate to say it, but I agree.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:09 am

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Geck...whats the status on your first round pick for this weeks games ?well, i have to give liquid some credit here. i've been busy at work for the past week or so and have been on the MB way too much to even notice that d.davis probably won't play this week. i just benched him. liquid, you can take that "out to lunch" sticker off your head for this week anyways.

[ October 03, 2004, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:19 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
Geck...whats the status on your first round pick for this weeks games ?well, i have to give liquid some credit here. i've been busy at work for the past week or so and have been on the MB way too much to even notice that d.davis probably won't play this week. i just benched him. liquid, you can take that "out to lunch" sticker off your head for this week anyways. [/QUOTE]Brian Ross...you took a week off from us and you came back a little less funny...

I will give you some time to work on your material, son.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again