Who's Coming To The 2005 NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:37 am

It took less than 15 minutes for the registration page to be live before we got our first signup for the 2005 season. Let's give it up for Matthew Bauler of Memphis, Tennessee, who became the first official signup of the 2005 NFFC season. Matthew competed in Las Vegas League 4 last year, and although his Da Bears team struggled to a 5-8 record with 1,549 points, he admitted he had a blast in the NFFC. The NFFC hat is coming your way for being the first official signup, even though this Packers' fan questions your loyalty to those Bears! :D Thanks for trusting in us again, Matthew, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:44 am

Just five minutes after that first signup came in, Jay O'Neill of Temecula, California became our second official signup of the 2005 season. Jay competed in Las Vegas League 2 this year and led his Team O'Neill to an 8-5 record, just one game behind the league leaders. Team O'Neill also finished with 1,516.8 points this year. Jay said he had a blast during his first season with the NFFC and is looking forward to another great year. Thanks for trusting in us again, Jay, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:25 am

Chalk me up, Greg - for the main event and auction.

THANKS

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:47 am

Count Incredible Hulking Us in for the Main Event and the Draft Champions League in NY. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:36 am

I can't keep up. YOu guys are unreal. I'll try to update the master list soon to show everyone how much interest there is from returning members. Thanks again everyone.

Hmmmmm, maybe I underestimated the interest for 2005. Maybe it's time to lock in bigger space, especially in Las Vegas!!! We'll see.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:09 pm

I promise to welcome each new member individually on this thread tomorrow. I have all 25 signups listed on another thread, but I'll go into more detail about each signup tomorrow. Wow, we're off to a great start already with current members coming back in full force. Thanks everyone.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:53 pm

Geez Greg

Is there some top secret official form I don't know about? I gave you my commitment on 12/23 on your early bird signup thread (LC Greenwood photo) and again via telephone after Christmas. Chicago - Main Event and $650 Auction.

I know you'll probably blame this oversight on the BB prep but personally I think you're still holding a grudge from the Packers/Indy game in week 3. :D

Maybe Tom can make me official! ;)

Jeff

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:16 am

I'll make you official Jeff. Okay, unofficially, you were the first signup of 2005!!! And you're right, we talked last week about you joining the NFFC and one other event. See, I even forgot which one it was. I'll include you on the list now for Chicago and I apologize for the oversight.

Nah, no grudge on the Indy game. We just got smoked. I'm psyched for Sunday's game at Lambeau against the Vikings, although that one scares me. Let's hook up in the Super Bowl as a pair of No. 3 seeds defy the odds! :D Sound good?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:21 am

Okay, let's get started with the official welcome wagon, and trust me, it will take me all day to welcome everyone. What a great response to the first day of NFFC signups.

We're glad to welcome back to the 2005 NFFC main event Andy Longwald of West Bloomfield, Michigan. Andy competed in the very close Chicago League 1 last year, finishing among many teams at 6-7 with 1,513.95 points. Andy called yesterday afternoon right after the signup page went live and said he had so much fun this year that there was no doubt he was coming back. He also competes in the WCOFF, so it's obvious he's a serious player. Thanks for trusting in us again, Andy, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize. Oh, and a size S/M NFFC hat will be on the way! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:45 am

All right, let's officially welcome Jeff and Brian Clampett of Morrisville, Indiana back to the NFFC in 2005. The tandem led Route Collectors to the Chicago League 3 title in 2004, winning $5,000 with an 11-2 record and finishing second during the regular season with 1,930.4 points. Route Collectors then finished 12th overall during the playoffs. Great, great job guys. RC will be back to draft in Chicago on Saturday, Sept. 3rd at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott, so best of luck guys in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

I know you told me you were also entering the Auction League or the Draft Champions league, Jeff, but I can't remember which one. Shoot me an answer and I'll include that league as well on the signup page. Thanks.