Favre instead of Peyton

wombat

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by wombat » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:31 am

I'm 11 weeks too late, but I finally benched Peyton Manning for Brett Favre.

This was the first and last year I ever draft a quarterback with my first pick.

pizzatyme

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:39 am

If Brady has Moss, Welker, Stallworth, and Belichick next year, I will not hesitate to take Brady 1st overall.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:46 am

THAT WOULD BE TOUGH RUSS. THE QUESTION WE HAVE TO ASK IS THAT ARE THE PATRIOTS KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE OF SPYGATE? IS BELICHICK OUT TO PROVE A POINT THIS YEAR? WHEN MANNING TOSSED 49 TDS PEOPLE WERE TAKING HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND THE NEXT YEAR. NOT THAT HE DID BAD BUT IT DID NOT WARRANT A FIRST PICK THE NEXT YEAR AND PEOPLE GOT BURNED. SO I GUESS THE JURY IS STILL OUT. WHO KNOWS?

CC's Desperados

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:02 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
THAT WOULD BE TOUGH RUSS. THE QUESTION WE HAVE TO ASK IS THAT ARE THE PATRIOTS KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE OF SPYGATE? IS BELICHICK OUT TO PROVE A POINT THIS YEAR? WHEN MANNING TOSSED 49 TDS PEOPLE WERE TAKING HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND THE NEXT YEAR. NOT THAT HE DID BAD BUT IT DID NOT WARRANT A FIRST PICK THE NEXT YEAR AND PEOPLE GOT BURNED. SO I GUESS THE JURY IS STILL OUT. WHO KNOWS? Why wouldn't they kill teams every year? Do you think any team wants to keep the score close? I'm sure every team would like to win every game, but they just aren't good enough to do it. This year they have ability to score at will. So they are putting teams away early. Will they next year?

CC's Desperados

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 am

Originally posted by Stephen:
I'm 11 weeks too late, but I finally benched Peyton Manning for Brett Favre.

This was the first and last year I ever draft a quarterback with my first pick. I bet Brady looks good on your team next year!!

Steel Curtain

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
THAT WOULD BE TOUGH RUSS. THE QUESTION WE HAVE TO ASK IS THAT ARE THE PATRIOTS KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE OF SPYGATE? IS BELICHICK OUT TO PROVE A POINT THIS YEAR? WHEN MANNING TOSSED 49 TDS PEOPLE WERE TAKING HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND THE NEXT YEAR. NOT THAT HE DID BAD BUT IT DID NOT WARRANT A FIRST PICK THE NEXT YEAR AND PEOPLE GOT BURNED. SO I GUESS THE JURY IS STILL OUT. WHO KNOWS? Why wouldn't they kill teams every year? Do you think any team wants to keep the score close? I'm sure every team would like to win every game, but they just aren't good enough to do it. This year they have ability to score at will. So they are putting teams away early. Will they next year? [/QUOTE]I wouldn't say they're putting them away early. I liken it to a cat who catches a mouse and then keeps them alive until the bitter end and then when the game is over, they will then chomp down on their neck (i.e., going for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter, up by 40+ points). Bill Beelzebub will end up paying for it somehow, somewhere down the road. But, I can't see Brady duplicating this year's performance next year. Defenses will eventually come up with something; they always do (although it seems like none are coming up with it this year).
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

CC's Desperados

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 am

Are talking about Bill Belecheck the greatest football coach of all time?

The way it is looking they might run the table next year too.

[ November 21, 2007, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

KOTRAX

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:48 am

THAT IS A TOUGH POINT TO ARGUE C.C. ESPECIALLY WITH THE FACT THAT I DON'T SEE THIS TEAM HAVING ANY FREE AGENCY PROBLEMS.

sportsbettingman

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:50 am

I see the possible chink in the Patriots armor as being their defensive leaders are getting a bit long in the tooth.

Mike Vrabel 11th season in the NFL
Tedy Bruschi 12th season
Rodney Harrison 14th season
Junior Seau 18th season

~Lance

[ November 21, 2007, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

CC's Desperados

Favre instead of Peyton

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:33 am

Seau is only a part time player.

I think a Vrabel decline would hurt the most.

San Fran lost last week--The Patriots could be up to #2 in the draft next year.

[ November 22, 2007, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]