NFFC Off-Season Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Off-Season Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:46 am

Best of luck to everyone still competing for prize money in the NFFC Post-Season Contest. I'm not sure this is the Super Bowl matchup we all expected at the start of the playoffs, but it does pit the two Number 1 seeds from each conference so maybe we should have expected this!! :lol: Maybe we overthought this one.

Anyway, enjoy the Super Bowl and look for prize money to be added to your Player Accounts once stats are finalized by Elias the Thursday after the game. We look forward to paying all of the Post-Season prize money and especially our record $100,000 grand prize for this contest. Thanks to everyone who participated.

But we don't want the season to end with the end of that game. We want to get 2018 rolling here sooner than ever and we look forward to what is sure to be a historic 15th season in the NFFC. That's right, 2018 rolls in NFBC XV. Are you ready for some football?

I'm creating this thread so that we can update you with the latest happenings in the NFFC and to have a forum for direct talk with myself, Tom and Darik. Whether it's NFL news you want to discuss, or a Rules discussion, or updates on the draft software, this seems to be a good starting spot for that conversation. We can branch out into separate threads for important announcements, but let's get the season started here first.

So a couple of quick announcements here first and then feel free to chime in with questions or responses:

When Does The Drafting Season Start?: The NFFC web site and draft room will be live sooner than ever before. Our goal going forward is to always be live by March Madness in mid-March, but now that we're launching the MFL 10s before that we have decided to launch the NFFC sooner as well. We think both the NFFC and MFL 10s can be open for business by the first week of March, if not sooner. Stay tuned for more updates, but we're excited.

How Does The New Draft Room Look?: We are using the new draft room now in the NFBC and everything is progressing well. We have worked through some early issues of drafting by phone, but we've really got this room rolling now. Some of you saw the new draft room during our Daily Football Drafts, but you can see it now in baseball. That's the same draft room we'll use both for the MFL 10s and the NFFC.

Will The FAAB Changes Be Ready By Football?: Yes, yes and yes. We told you at the live drafts that our No. 1 goal in 2018 is making it so much easier and time saving for you to play in the NFFC. Drafting will be easier, but managing multiple teams in the NFFC will now be so much easier. We have the new FAAB system already tested and designed for baseball and everyone will be able to see it soon in the NFBC. We have created a Search function that allows the system to tell you what leagues that free agent is available in and a Search function that tells you what leagues you have a certain player on. We have a Watch List that will easily allow you to track players you are interested in and make FAAB bids for him in the leagues he's available for. Darik is currently shooting a video of the new FAAB setup and we'll post in on the NFBC and NFFC boards soon. I think you'll like what you see.

MFL 10s: We are going to announce the details on the MFL 10s soon, but we will continue to have a prize structure that includes $100 for $10 entries and we'll add other price points for this format as well. We also will have an overall prize structure for this contest, which is new for the MFL 10s. We're excited about taking over this format and really growing this format. Look for more details soon.

Draft Champions Leagues: I know the industry is used to 8-hour time periods per pick in the Draft Champions format, but we've installed 4-Hour and 2-Hour time periods in the NFBC and everyone has adjusted nicely to them. We don't offer 8-hour time periods in the NFBC, but we will offer that for the MFL 10s. In the NFFC, we are planning to have 4-Hour and 2-Hour leagues along with Express Leagues, and to have a Pause at night where the clock pauses but picks can still be made. We have an 8-hour pause now from 1 am to 9 am ET, but once we install multi-round Ques we will likely shorten that pause time. These leagues also start 1 hour after they fill and draft spots are announced 15 minutes after the league fills. Any league that fills after 10 pm ET will start at 9 am ET the next day. More details on all of this to come soon.

Did You Say Multi-Round Ques?: We will have this ready for the MFL 10s so that you can place a different set of players in a Que for Round 1 and Round 2. In fact, you should be able to do this for most or all of the rounds after that. We're still working on that, but once that is done it will make it easy for you to set your Que and go on 2-Round Auto if you are at the turn late at night and not hold up the draft. You will still get the top player from each of your separate Ques and the draft will keep moving along nicely. This is key for Draft Champions leagues.

I'm sure I've missed some items, but I wanted to get all of this out in front of you before your off-season began. Again, good luck in the NFFC Post-Season Contest and get ready for an early drafting season in the NFFC and MFL 10s. We'll be drafting and driving ADPs before you know it. Thanks all and enjoy.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: NFFC Off-Season Chat With Greg, Tom & Darik

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:04 am

Following up on the draft room, we've had only two Help calls in the "live" Online drafts we've run so far (meaning non-Draft Champions). That speaks to how strong the room is (using our ADP list which will also happen in football and basketball) plus the improved functionality. Thanks to our tech guys in St. Louis for the great job they've done there.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 pm

Just a heads up that the mfl10 twitterverse is chomping at the bit for the mfl 10s to open. They think they are going to be ready to go right after the super bowl...

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:53 pm

That is all great news! I have no problem at all with a 4 hour clock if there is pick 2. I wonder if I can get 100 of these in this year?????.......

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm

boutrous11 wrote:Just a heads up that the mfl10 twitterverse is chomping at the bit for the mfl 10s to open. They think they are going to be ready to go right after the super bowl...
We understand. They started on March 9th last year, so we'll be live before that. We all want to get started shortly after the Super Bowl, but there's a lot to do with a new web site. I think folks will like the change and it will be worth the extra programming time.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Coltsfan wrote:That is all great news! I have no problem at all with a 4 hour clock if there is pick 2. I wonder if I can get 100 of these in this year?????.......

Wayne
Where's the LIKE button on this site?!!! :lol: I think you'll like the new changes coming Wayne. Thanks for all of the good suggestions by you and other NFFC veterans.

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:50 pm

Refresh my memory - if the DCs start before the nfl draft will all the significant rookies be listed by name or will they be listed as "placeholders" until after the draft?
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:48 am

eliasond wrote:Refresh my memory - if the DCs start before the nfl draft will all the significant rookies be listed by name or will they be listed as "placeholders" until after the draft?
We're going to have a huge list of rookies in the player default list. We're working with My Fantasy League to get that list since the MFL10s do not use placeholders. We will have placeholders available in our draft room but hopefully we'll get all the rookies covered.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 am

So when will cutlines begin, and has a decision been made as to whether the first nine weeks (regular season) be "DC style"?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 am

BillyWaz wrote:So when will cutlines begin, and has a decision been made as to whether the first nine weeks (regular season) be "DC style"?
We have offered 4-Hour Cutline leagues in baseball this year and that format has been very popular. We will open with 4-Hour Cutlines here right away and will likely start hosting Cutline nightly drafts after the NFL Draft. Hope that helps.

An official announcement is coming very soon on the Cutlines, but we are very optimistic about the 10-team format again and have raised the grand prize as a result. We like the new format for the Cutlines and hope to see an increase in participation again. The initial goal was to make the Cutlines easier to draft and easier to manage in-season, while creating a great prize pool in a survivor format. We didn't exactly achieve all of those goals before, but we have now made the format easier this year while retaining the same fun and excitement in the playoffs. More details coming soon.