Multi-Round Ques Now Available In The Draft Room

Greg Ambrosius

Multi-Round Ques Now Available In The Draft Room

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am

One other feature we just added to the NFBC Draft Room is Multi-Round separate Ques. Owners can now use this in the NFBC and it will be available when we launch NFFC and MFL10 drafts later this month. See below for more information that we just posted on the NFBC boards:

We are happy to announce that the multi-round Que has been added to the Draft Room and is available to use for anyone in a current draft. This feature allows you to put different players in every round possible of your draft and to save those lists separately for each round. This is a feature we've never had in the NFBC or NFFC before, but is one that should help speed up drafts going forward.

If you are in a current draft, just go to your Draft Room and look at your Queue. To the right is a pulldown box that lists all the rounds in that draft. If it's a Draft Champions League, it lists Rounds 1 through 50. If you are currently in Round 32, pull down to Round 33 and you'll see your Que become blank. Put in five catchers, for instance, there. Then pull down to Round 33 and you'll see the Que is blank again. Put in five pitchers there if you'd like or any combination of players. Do the same thing for Rounds 34 through 50 if you'd like. If you go to bed at night and click Auto, the computer will pick the top players from Rounds 32 and 33. You will get some sleep, you will get the players you wanted and the draft will keep moving along nicely. It's beautiful.

You can still put a universal Que together for all rounds by just leaving that pulldown on All Rounds. If you wanted your next pick to come from that Que and you only wanted it for one Round, just go to the Auto Draft feature under the clock and pull down to Next 1 Round. It will stay on auto for just one pick and take the top player from your All Rounds Que. Hope that helps.

Simple and easy. This is a great, great feature and one that should allow us to have quicker drafts if folks start to feel comfortable with this feature. It may also allow us to change the Pause at night to 6 hours. I'm thinking 2 am ET to 8 am ET is a possibility. We can discuss that soon enough.

For now, check out the Multi-Round Que (or proper spelling of Queue) and enjoy. Thanks for your patience on all of this and happy drafting.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

Re: Multi-Round Ques Now Available In The Draft Room

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 pm

I know it's off season but I'm surprised that more people aren't commenting. So I'll start.

In past years I've always felt like the NFFC always had a top notch contest, great prize structures, and it has always been an organization that I have trusted. The only real issue for me has been software issues. And this included promises to do things that never seemed to happen. But that seems to be changing this year. I"m not sure what is going on but the new items that you are rolling out seem to be real game changers. It's going to make the drafting and waiver experience so much better! I just appreciate not only that you guys are making some great changes, but also that you are tackling the issues that affect us most as fantasy players. Keep it up and I can't wait to start drafting!

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks Wayne. We appreciate that. And I agree with all that you said. We also thought that several of the tech changes would be rolled out in the past and something always seemed to stop our previous owners/developers from finishing them.

Not now.

We are aggressively tackling the issues that prevent owners from playing in more leagues with us and enjoying more contests with us. We certainly know what those barriers are and we now have a great IT team that can quickly and efficiently turn out those tools. Our baseball owners have been great about giving us tips to improve FAAB (which will be rolled out to all of our baseball owners this week), the Draft Champions software and more. And all of that is being tested and used right now, so when football hits all of these things are in place and good to go.

The Draft Champions format has seen a huge upgrade thanks to 1) Drafts starting 1 hour after they fill; 2) draft spots being announced 15 minutes after they fill; 3) the multi-round Que where you can put different players in every single round of your Que and always get the player you want; 4) the 2-Hour and 4-Hour clocks instead of 8 hours. All of that is making the drafting experience better. And we are going to eliminate 1 extra hour from drafts very soon in the last 20 rounds of our 50 round drafts to make those finish a little better. All of those suggestions came from our players and are making the drafting experience better. Look for most or all of these to be implemented in football.

Our acquisition of the MFL10s is going to lead to some really cool promotional deals that folks will hear about soon. It's all good there. And by launching those next week, it forced us to also launch the NFFC drafts at the same time. So we should be live by the first week of March this year and open for Draft Champions leagues. Don't go away because we will be live and open for business very soon. We're excited about opening football sooner than ever before.

Thanks again for the kind words and NFFC owners are going to love the new changes. We are making FAAB so much easier for all of you that you'll WANT to play more leagues here. And we think you're really going to love the online drafting experience too. You can draft easily on every device and we'll continue to improve that experience through your feedback.

Thanks all and get ready for some football soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

hammer

Post by hammer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:34 am

Greg,

While we have time, can your team look into changing how Thursday players are treated for add/drop purposes? To this point, we cannot drop a reserved (not-started) Thursday player during Friday's waivers. This is one aspect of NFFC that I think can and should be changed for the good of the contest.

Thanks.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 pm

hammer wrote:Greg,

While we have time, can your team look into changing how Thursday players are treated for add/drop purposes? To this point, we cannot drop a reserved (not-started) Thursday player during Friday's waivers. This is one aspect of NFFC that I think can and should be changed for the good of the contest.

Thanks.
Here’s a link to a recent discussion of this:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16695&start=30#p219516