Peter Schoenke Live Chat, Tuesday, 2 PM ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:54 am

We're glad to welcome Peter Schoenke, owner of Rotowire.com, to our Live Chat on Tuesday at 2 p.m. ET. Peter is ready and willing to take all of your questions and cram in the answers in a full hour of football discussion. Feel free to post your questions ahead of time in this thread and we'll forward the early Q's to him so that he can have his answers prepared. That way we can get in more questions and more discussion during our 60 minutes together.

Peter is known as "The guy who advocates taking WRs early" this year and he has an article for you to check out if you want to discuss that tomorrow. Here's how you can go to it:

http://www.rotowire.com/football/featur ... _draft.htm

The story is behind a pay wall, but all NFFC members can get a free trial by going to:

http://www.rotowire.com/trial

Thanks all and post your questions here. See you tomorrow afternoon for the Live Chat.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Welcome Peter.

Do you think its possible that Edgerrin James takes the starting spot from the under-achieving Julius Jones?

Without giving names, how many WR's would you take from the back end of a 12 team draft, over a runningback?

Finally. I count as many as NINE TE's that can be a atrong contributor to a fantasy lineup every week. Do you think I'm overly optimistic, or do you see the same thing? To me, it ALMOST makes me want to drop Witten/Gates/Gonzo/Dallas Clark from my lists, so I don't have to use such an early pick, qwhen I may be able to get comparable value a few rounds later with one of the other 5 or so TE's that are sure to go later?

Thanks,

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:07 am

Hi Peter,

I also like the strategy of going WR early, but I feel there are a couple of RB's at the end of the draft (14 team) that I'm not sure I could pass on.

Do you feel the same way or just continue passing on them and take the 2 WR, because there is good value for RB later in the draft?

Thanks
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 am

Hi Peter,

This year because of reading your article I'm liking the end of draft spots in NFFC drafts using the KDS system and 3RR. To be honest because of 3RR having a top pick in the 3RD round I'm even looking at going WR-WR-WR. What do you think?

So one do you like the back end of a 14 team League?

Would you go WR-WR-WR?

Again great read and Good Luck to you this year,

John

[ August 25, 2009, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:48 am

Okay folks, don't forget about our Live Chat with Peter Schoenke today. Let's load him up with some questions and get the ball rolling on this today. John Hansen will answer questions tomorrow, so let's have fun with this.

C'mon, who has some content questions for Peter?? Load him up. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks, Peter!

I will toss one in...seems to be a decent amount of spin on Leon Washington this year. News or noise in the crowded NYJ backfield.

Back to the Jets, looks like most if not all the starters on the O-line will be back. Significant improvement and protection for both the running game and Sanchez?
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 am

Hey Peter, as a Viking fan what's your take on Favre? Is he the team's missing piece and where would you rank him for fantasy?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:41 am

Peter,

Was LT's lackluster year last year all because of injury? Is he ready for a bounce back or have we seen the last of LT being a dominant back? I see him going just ahead of Fitzgerald in most drafts which way would you go LT or Fitz to start your team?

Thanks
Pat

[ August 25, 2009, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:05 am

Hello everyone.

I'll start off with a layup. Yes, I'm a Vikings fan. I grew up in Minneapolis in the 1980s and know the pain of losing in the NFC Championship game with a team with too many DWIs.

What's my take on Favre? Like it just because anything is an upgrade over T-Jack. Tarvaris only plays well when there's no pressure on him like in last year's Arizona game when the Vikes had a big lead. But I'm not high on Favre's fantasy prospects. It's still run-first team with a good defense. In an optimal world, Favre won't have to throw much but manage the game. Throw in the injury risk - even for a guy who's never missed a start - and we have him 28th on our generic QB rankings at RotoWire.

I'm hoping the season goes great .. super bowl .. or really bad. I'm not a Childress fan.

schoenke

Post by schoenke » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 am

Bullgod - I'm down on LT this year. I won't have him in any drafts. Sure I'd take him in the second round, but he's never fallen that far. I think the history of older RBs coming off injury isn't good. Plus he has a viable backup. With your top two picks you want a high floor. I see a lot of downside hoping for one more great year.

Phat Bustards - I'm not buying into Washington. He's one of those great per-play players who never seems to get a chance. Despite the buzz - with Shonn Greene there, he's really in the land of late-round picks in deeper leagues. There other sleepers I like better (coming shortly...)