Scoring by Defenses

Uncle Rico

Scoring by Defenses

Post by Uncle Rico » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:57 pm

Thought I'd add a separate thread for the discussion of D taking place. I am in favor of placing more emphasis on yards allowed than on points scored, perhaps with bonuses for shutouts. The NFL and announcer/pundits may recognize which D is allowing the fewest points, but in terms of ranking defenses it is in total yards allowed. As has been pointed out, a stinker of an offensive showing can spoil an otherwise fine defensive outing. Case in point this year was the Steelers v. Raiders game. Without the stats in front of me, I think the D gave up in the area of 100 total yards. A couple picks were run back, a fumble recovered deep in Steeler territory and three scores on the board the D had little or nothing to do with. If you want to emphasize Defense in FF, emphasize that which the Defense has total control over.

Erok

Scoring by Defenses

Post by Erok » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:43 am

All I know is I lost my championship to a guy with no active quarterback on his roster and 4 defenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesel

Scoring by Defenses

Post by Diesel » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:02 am

I never mind a tweaking of defensive scoring...I don't mind whatever Greg does with this...

I do wish there was a way to eliminate points given up by defenses, when the offense actually gives up the points on an INT return or Fumble return for a TD.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

renman

Scoring by Defenses

Post by renman » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:11 am

Marc,

I said the exact same thing in the thread about changes for 2007. I talked about defenses losing points due to their offense having a turnover returned. I think there should be a way to make it "points against defense/special teams..."