Cheaters gonna cheat

Soupdog

Cheaters gonna cheat

Post by Soupdog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:19 am

I have played NFFC every year since year 2 (so many many years) and average 10 leagues a year. In all my years I have never seen such blatant cheating as the $500 auction league I'm in. Guy with no chance to make playoffs drops Josh Gordon last week for Chris Herndon (who he didnt even start). Gordon is his 3rd or 4th best WR. Instead he could have dropped guys like Blount who is 7th best RB or injured Matt freaking Bryant who is his SECOND kicker. I look a at free agent dollars and the guy in first place has the most dollars. As I would have bet $1k of real money, the guy in first bids$1 more than the next guy had in money.

One of the main reasons I played so much NFFC is the attempt to keep people from collusion and cheaters. Well, these two obviously colluded. There is no way this wasn't planned. I guess there is no honor no matter how many rules are placed to stop collusion. If people want to cheat, I guess there is still ways that players can find a way to flat out cheat. The 3 or 4 of us fighting for playoffs have to watch this collusion happen and nothing we can do.

I have never once complained about anything in the hundreds of leagues I have bern in with NFFC, but this blatant cheating is beyond words.

Coltsfan

Re: Cheaters gonna cheat

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:37 am

I have never seen that happen before in the NFFC. I"m not surprised but that is horrible!

Wayne

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:54 am

[ ]
Last edited by King of Queens on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:51 pm

In reading my original post, I should not flat out accuse people of cheating. Maybe it was just incredibly odd drop of a guy coming off a 4 catch 100 yard performance with only greater things to come after he learned the offense. But it is awful fishy to keep a wounded second kicker instead. But I retract the flat out cheating accusation.

I was told by Greg and Tom today the Gordon isn't good enough to pull from free agent pool. So not sure why he was in another league. I guess because Fuller was on IR? What's the difference between that and keeping a kicker who was projected to miss several weeks? Not much.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:37 pm

im shocked greg and tom let this go. you are a better man than me. whom ever did that would owe me money. gordon should go back to his team and another player dropped.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

HIROLLERJR

Post by HIROLLERJR » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:38 pm

I was also shocked the night free agents results came across and I did a triple look thinking, am I really seeing "Josh Gordon" released for Chris Herndon! :geek: :ugeek: ! No way, I said! I said to myself: SELF, there must be another Josh Gordon that is amongst all those other players in football that other people know about that u don't! So chalk it up as You need to invest more time in to learning all the players in the NFL, so you are a smarter, better player! :idea: ! CHRIS HERNDON!!! For real though, I never thought this would be allowed, there were 9 other players on that team that were worse if not even getting playing time. I thought the owner made a mistake, would contact officials and correct it to a different player!. BUT NO! I really feel for the guys trying to make the playoffs, its hard enough without a league mate not setting his lineups like a professional ( whether you're in a top spot or a bottom spot ) every week, but to make ---anine moves that are potentially critical to the league standings & possibly the overall standings is downright wrong. I would love to hear the strategy of this owner making this move so I could learn from it and figure out how it would make me a smarter player. One thing I've always made myself honor for the sake of my league mates and for integerity in this business is to regardless of where I stand in standings for 16 weeks, I will always strive to put in my best lineup and never to drop JOSH GORDON for CHRIS HERNDON! :shock:
Last edited by HIROLLERJR on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm

I agree that the situation should have been treated the same in all 3 leagues where Gordon was dropped. He should not have been removed from the faab pool in 1 league and not others. Greg or tom, please post here why it was not handled the same way in all 3 leagues. Or maybe the facts of the case were not exactly as described here. Either way please help clear this up for us.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:27 pm

In my league, Josh Gordon was returned to the team because there was an obvious alternate player (i.e. someone on IR) that could have been waived. This action was prompted by another owner in the league contacting Greg/Tom/Darik. It was pointed out to them that someone else could have been cut instead of Gordon (in this case, Will Fuller). The switch was made on Wednesday, a few hours before FAAB ran.

Based on the roster construction, I am guessing that the same would have been done in the $500 auction had someone alerted the NFFC of the specifics.

As for the third league, there were certainly better candidates to be dropped than Josh Gordon (he was waived for MVS). However, on that roster, there was no one that was out for the season -- if that's the criteria that's being used. Just like the $500 league, it's likely that no one contacted the NFFC about this incident.

The NFFC has way too many leagues for Greg/Tom/Darik to individually police. It appears that it is up to us to notify them of league-specific problems.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything can be done at this point.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:19 am

We have discussed this privately with Scott, but since he posted here we will definitely respond. First of all, there was NO COLLUSION in this league. An owner chose to cut Josh Gordon and we do not pull every WR3 out of free agent pools. We do let leagues play out, but in situations that we are alerted to where a more obvious cut could be made we will contact the owner and intercede for the fairness of the league.

As Glenn said, we can't individually monitor every single cut to see what other players were better cuts. Plus nobody contacted us until after FAAB ran. Maybe it's because everyone wanted a shot at Gordon, including the owner here. When the first place team won Gordon, then we were contacted.

Again, we look at all of the cuts and if Todd Gurley is cut we immediately jump in. If alerted to a crazy cut, we jump in. We are always responsive to making sure every league and every national contest is fairly run. But as our past history will tell you, we don't pull free agents out of the pool willingly as the leagues need to play out. Good luck all and make good pickups AND good cuts.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius