Post Season Hold'em Layout

Steel Lugnuts

Post Season Hold'em Layout

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:02 pm

I liked the layout of the last few years more so than this year, not sure why the change. And when trying to fill the WR/TE position, it still fills out my Flex spot no matter what, even when searching WR/TE and not Flex. I also don't really like the flex as an option and removing one of the RB positions. Perhaps too much tweaking of a good thing?

Steel Lugnuts

Re: Post Season Hold'em Layout

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Also last year, when you picked a player from a team, such as Brady for QB, all NE players would be eliminated from consideration when choosing another position. I thought that was a pretty cool feature.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:25 am

Steel Lugnuts wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:24 pm
Also last year, when you picked a player from a team, such as Brady for QB, all NE players would be eliminated from consideration when choosing another position. I thought that was a pretty cool feature.
This was a nice feature. I'll see if IT can add it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:18 am

Just found this from a couple years ago:
"Post by Henry Muto » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes the difference between having a flex and no flex was a huge difference maker in this contest. Having no flex really hamstrung what you could do in the 2nd round of the tournament. You almost had to be perfect in your predictions on who won and what players you used so you could fit in the guys you wanted at WR in the 2nd round and if you choose the wrong 1st round players you had to choose between dropping a 2x WR to fit in a 1x WR which doesn't make much sense to do while keeping a lesser RB who you didn't want to keep but you had to.

Would be a 100x better contest with a flex for sure."

I suppose I can get on board with this, but I don't recall if it was implemented for last years contest.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:25 am

The flex is needed because in Round 3 you had to start 4 RBs. Most everyone was starting the same 4. It gives more flexibility in Round 3, but certainly provides plenty more options in Rounds 1 and 2 as well. I think it's a good addition, but we'll find out, won't we?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 am

Has anyone saved a lineup and then been able to make a change? Can't figure it out, must be doing something wrong. When I try to swap, say a RB from KC and want to add a RB from Dallas, it says I already have a Dallas player so can't do it. Need to somehow drop my Dallas player first?

In this example, It should allow the move but not be able to save until I remove the Dallas player and add a KC player.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:19 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 am
Has anyone saved a lineup and then been able to make a change? Can't figure it out, must be doing something wrong. When I try to swap, say a RB from KC and want to add a RB from Dallas, it says I already have a Dallas player so can't do it. Need to somehow drop my Dallas player first?

In this example, It should allow the move but not be able to save until I remove the Dallas player and add a KC player.
That is the way it is coded. It hasn't been changed at this point, so, yes, you'll have to drop the DAL guy first for now.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm

I tried that Darik, doesn't work, doesn't allow you to just drop a player...any other ideas? It must be so simple I'm missing something.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:02 pm

Sorry, I should have said it will change...they are fixing it. Might already be done. Can you try again?

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Works now, I was able to add a Dallas player to my roster, even though that left me with two Dallas players, and was able remove the other Dallas player and add a KC player. Thanks for getting this fixed!