5K Ultimate

InItToWinIt

5K Ultimate

Post by InItToWinIt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:53 pm

C'mon guys... Any thoughts?

I'm happy with my team but time will be the "ultimate" judge (pun intended!)

Vick, Griese

Dom Davis, Jordan, Droughns, Ricky "1/2 ounce" Williams

Horn, Ward, Porter, McCareins, Patten, etc.

Wiggins, Putzier

I'm InItToWinIt, err I mean Mandas Jowl Juicers, and ready fo' sum futbol! A Monday Night Party!!

King of Queens

5K Ultimate

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:21 pm

Like my team a lot ALTHOUGH as I pointed out to a few people in New York yesterday: if you don't like your team right after the draft, something isn't right.

pick #8
1. j jones rb
2. m anderson rb
3. c williams rb
4. mi clayton wr
5. lelie wr
6. branch wr
7. c palmer qb
8. colbert wr
9. da clark te
10. a bryant wr
11. c perry rb
12. e manning qb
13. vinatieri k
14. atl def
15. h miller te
16. boston wr
17. kaedling k
18. r dayne r

qb - palmer, e manning
rb - j jones, m anderson, c williams, perry, dayne
wr - mi clayton, lelie, branch, colbert, a bryant, boston
te - da clark, h miller
k - vinatieri, kaedling
def - atl

As an aside, this was my first draft conducted on a beach with a tropical drink in hand. I think I will definitely have to do this again...

InItToWinIt

5K Ultimate

Post by InItToWinIt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:31 pm

KOQ,

Pete and I were talking about your draft, it looks like Anderson and Branch will be the linchpins. If they contribute as expected, your golden, if not, your fooked....

Hey Greg A, I like the idea of drafting from a beach with cocktails in hand.....

Next year for the Ultimate, I say Maui with the Hawaiin Tropic girlies as moderators instead of you and Tom.

bad boyz

5K Ultimate

Post by bad boyz » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:34 pm

Good luck guys. Should be fun. I drafted out of the 14 hole:

Brooks
Bledsoe
Steven Jackson
Westbrook
N. Davenport
Brandon Jacobs
Verrand Morency
Lionel Gates
Burleson
Roy Williams
Burress
Kennison
Braylon Edwards
Reggie Brown
Troupe
Dan Graham
Carolina Dee
Carney

Jeff

King of Queens

5K Ultimate

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:38 pm

Will, sorry I didn't have a chance to hello to you and Pete yesterday -- I had to get back to Montauk as quickly as possible. It was a great draft today, very competitive. A lot of the guys I thought we stole yesterday just weren't there today, which is a testament to the quality of owners involved in this event.

The Ultimate draft definitely deserves the Ultimate location. at the very least, let's get some grass skirts and leis for Greg and Tom.

bad boyz

5K Ultimate

Post by bad boyz » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:40 pm

King, I couldnt agree with you more. Very tough draft with very few guys slipping. Definitely rough sledding.

Jeff

King of Queens

5K Ultimate

Post by King of Queens » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:47 pm

JD, also apologies to you for not saying hello. I did see Eddie G and friends, as I was there early and had time to chat.

All of my players are off weeks 7 and 9. to my opponents those weeks, you're welcome.

bad boyz

5K Ultimate

Post by bad boyz » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:54 pm

Thats what the waiver wire is for:--))

Greg Ambrosius

5K Ultimate

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:08 pm

Originally posted by InItToWinIt:
KOQ,

Pete and I were talking about your draft, it looks like Anderson and Branch will be the linchpins. If they contribute as expected, your golden, if not, your fooked....

Hey Greg A, I like the idea of drafting from a beach with cocktails in hand.....

Next year for the Ultimate, I say Maui with the Hawaiin Tropic girlies as moderators instead of you and Tom. Wow, what a great time today. We had beers in Las Vegas and the draft was definitely tough. We had two passes, which was interesting as well. But this looks like a tough, tough competition with a lot of solid owners.

Maui sounds good. Hawaiin Tropical girlies sounds soon. Tom in a lea does not sound good. I'll do what I can in a skirt, but I still don't think it will be pretty! :D But I think we've started something here and the $5K League is here to stay.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

5K Ultimate

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:27 pm

Gekko/Dyv's Ultimate Entry:

#13 PICK

QB: Plummer/McNair
RB: Portis, Dillon, F. Taylor, Mewelde Moore, K. Faulk, Moe Williams
WR: Darrell Jackson, Chris Chambers, Ron Curry, Mike Williams, Antawn Randle El, Marty Booker, Andre Davis
TE: Randy McMichael
K: Kasay
D: WASH

Had a good time drafting and enjoyed the company. Good luck to everyone in the league - I'm shocked Manning went 10th overall in a league of prepared owners who know how to play fantasy football. Culpepper at 12th - my gosh, he was 2nd overall on my list. Great value there ;)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!