Duke Williams

nolencole

Duke Williams

Post by nolencole » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Hey guys, what is going on with Duke Williams? I drafted as a RB and now in the middle of waivers he has decided to be a WR. This cannot be happening for teams using him as a RB for bye week fillers, Right?

Everyone understands his legit position is WR, but this is unfair for those jumping on him early. And there has already been a post about this.
Greg Ambrosius wrote: ↑Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 am
Just a reminder that we don't change or add position eligibility during the NFFC season, so the positions you see now are what that player will remain at throughout the season. There won't be changes made to any individual player going forward, so bid accordingly in Free Agency.

When we launch the NFFC draft room in February we assign position eligibility to each player. For some of the reserves or rookies we rely on the teams' designation for those players. In one case that we're being questioned about this week, the player was clearly listed as an RB and has been drafted multiple times in the NFFC as an RB. He has since been moved to WR, but he remains RB-only for NFFC purposes.

Hope that helps. He may have more or less value now at our designation, but that's up for everyone in the NFFC to decide. We'll all learn shortly.

Thanks all and good luck.
MC
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

Jim Christie

Re: Duke Williams

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 pm

So, I drafted Duke Williams in league 3449 (DC) he was a placeholder - he is a WR in that league; how is it possible he is a WR in that NFFC league and not in other NFFC Leagues? Duke Williams has never been a RB he was a WR in college and a WR in the CFL.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:19 pm

This is getting messy. I just picked him up on 5 teams last week - all as a RB.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Jim Christie wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 pm
So, I drafted Duke Williams in league 3449 (DC) he was a placeholder - he is a WR in that league; how is it possible he is a WR in that NFFC league and not in other NFFC Leagues? Duke Williams has never been a RB he was a WR in college and a WR in the CFL.
He has never been a WR in our system this season. Whether our stat provider listed him originally as RB or we did, that's where he started out in February and that's the position he has for the full season. Nobody gets to determine a player's position through a Placeholder. He is RB-only in the NFFC this season.

He is listed as RB now and will remain that way going forward. Good luck to you and to Duke Williams.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Greg,

On 8/8 i did a slow draft, I drafted Duke Williams in round 50 nd he was put on my roster as a WR; he scored points on my team against Cincinnati as a WR, not a RB; to me, that is a damn problem!!!

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Now, I go back to that week and he shows scoring at flex and Demarcus Robinson is put in at WR with 6 points and he wasn't there when that week ended.

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:13 pm

I'm not giving up on this; Duke Williams was NOT DRAFTED in any NFFC high stakes league or online Championship league. I drafted him in round 50 of a DC. If you're saying Duke Williams was drafted multiple times as a RB that is a lie!!! He was cut and put on the practice squad. NO ONE DRAFTED HIM AS A RB!!! I'll bet I was the only one who drafted him in a DC. If your STAT provider listed him as a RB in February, you should FIRE that stat provider. If you depend on the team designation for a player, I can tell you the Buffalo Bills signed him as a WR. Why is the NFFC the only fantasy game on the planet with Duke Williams as a RB??? On my draft board in DC league 3449 Duke Williams is a WR round 50 go check it out!! That draft was early August.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Jim, we have only 35 rounds in the NFFC.

You can see from the ADPs that he has been drafted 10 times at RB. playnffc.com/adp. We have not changed his position since February when the site launched. Going forward, maybe we will tweak the rules to allow us to make sensible changes or additions to eligibility. But he has been drafted as an RB here and so he's an RB here going forward.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm

You can see from the ADPs that he has been drafted 10 times at RB. playnffc.com/adp. We have not changed his position since February when the site launched. Going forward, maybe we will tweak the rules to allow us to make sensible changes or additions to eligibility. But he has been drafted as an RB here and so he's an RB here going forward.

OK, round 35, I'm just pissed off

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Jim Christie wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:28 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm

OK, round 35, I'm just pissed off

So, in August when I drafted the DC, Duke Williams was not in the player pool, if he was not in the player pool in August how was he assigned a position by the NFFC in February? In August, I needed a placeholder in round 35 to add him.