2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs Is Today

Greg Ambrosius

2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs Is Today

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 am

Can you tell that we're excited about the upcoming NFL season? We're so damn giddy that we've started a countdown until the NFL Opener on Thursday Night Football featuring the Dallas Cowboys and the defending Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Let's get it on!!!

This thread will be a countdown to that Thursday Night game, letting you know how close we are getting to the season opener. Remember that in the NFFC, almost all of our leagues allow you to watch that opener and not set your starting lineups until just before the first games on Sunday afternoon. It's a "free look" game, which allows you to still draft on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 10th and 11th.

So let's get counting!!! Nobody has ever worn No. 100 in the NFL, so with June 1st being 100 days away from the NFL Opener, I'm going to lead off with Oakland's Jim Otto, the most famous player to win double-zero. That's as close to 100 as we'll get, so let's kick it off this way.

I'll do my best to count down every day with a former or current NFL player image and you can only get your favorite player by bribing me with Corona's in Las Vegas. In the case of Mr. Jet Fan Glenn Lowy, he must bribe me with buckets of beers at the Westgate on Sunday, Sept. 12th!!! :lol: And if you see too many Green Bay Packers' pictures, well, ENJOY IT. The NFL's greatest franchise deserves more photos than any other team!! :lol:

Here we go, the countdown to the 2021 NFL season opener from June 1st to Sept. 9th:

100 DAYS TO GO:

Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 99 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:45 am

NOW ONLY 99 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER IN TAMPA!!!

Let's kick the day off with an image of the best defensive player today, Aaron Donald.

Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 98 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:05 am

NOW ONLY 98 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER IN TAMPA WITH THE BUCS FACING THE COWBOYS!!!

It's early in the off-season, so we're concentrating on defensive players putting pressure on the QBs. Here's Oakland's Max Crosby.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 am
I'll do my best to count down every day with a former or current NFL player image and you can only get your favorite player by bribing me with Corona's in Las Vegas. In the case of Mr. Jet Fan Glenn Lowy, he must bribe me with buckets of beers at the Westgate on Sunday, Sept. 12th!!! :lol:
LOL. OK, Mr. Pack fan. Here's the bribe. :D Though he's the obvious choice, we can't take the chance that homerism won't get in the way. If for number 12 we use Broadway Joe wagging the Super Bowl finger, I won't just buy the first but the 1st 2 buckets of beer at the Westgate. A decision to be made between your beloved Aaron Rodgers (blech!) or bottle after bottle of your beloved Coronas (yum!) Seems like an easy choice to me. :lol:

Can't wait for September in Vegas and opening Sunday at the Westgate my friend.

PS... for 99 you should have used the chalk option.

Hmmm... seems like some overmatched team has to resort to holding to hold back the J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 97 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:15 am

NOW ONLY 97 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER IN TAMPA!!!

Nick Bosa hopes to lead the San Francisco 49ers to the Super Bowl this year as he returns from a season of injury.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 96 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:18 am

NOW ONLY 96 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER BETWEEN THE COWBOYS AND THE BUCCANEERS!!!

Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy kicks off the day as he was one of the best defensive linemen in NFL history.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:20 am

Glenneration X wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:25 pm
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 am
I'll do my best to count down every day with a former or current NFL player image and you can only get your favorite player by bribing me with Corona's in Las Vegas. In the case of Mr. Jet Fan Glenn Lowy, he must bribe me with buckets of beers at the Westgate on Sunday, Sept. 12th!!! :lol:
LOL. OK, Mr. Pack fan. Here's the bribe. :D Though he's the obvious choice, we can't take the chance that homerism won't get in the way. If for number 12 we use Broadway Joe wagging the Super Bowl finger, I won't just buy the first but the 1st 2 buckets of beer at the Westgate. A decision to be made between your beloved Aaron Rodgers (blech!) or bottle after bottle of your beloved Coronas (yum!) Seems like an easy choice to me. :lol:

Can't wait for September in Vegas and opening Sunday at the Westgate my friend.

PS... for 99 you should have used the chalk option.

Hmmm... seems like some overmatched team has to resort to holding to hold back the J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BROADWAY JOE IT IS!!! Since the deal is three buckets of Coronas -- not two you cheapskate -- I will honor the Jets with that one lone photo out of the Top 100. It's a deal.

And you would have to rub it in to this Packers' fan with Gastineau blowing past some discreet, bad Packers' O-Lineman during our terrible 1980s. Thanks for that photo!!! :lol: See ya in Las Vegas and can't wait for Sunday, September 12th at the Westgate.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 95 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:12 am

NOW ONLY 95 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

Hall of Famer Richard Dent will kick off the celebration just like he did with the Monsters of the Midway in the 1980s.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 94 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:36 am

NOW ONLY 94 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER AT TAMPA!!!

That opener features the Dallas Cowboys at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, so let's feature Charles Haley, who became the first player to win five Super Bowl titles. Only Tom Brady has more than Haley with seven Super Bowl titles. Amazing.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 93 Days Until 2021 NFL Opener: Cowboys vs. Bucs

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:13 am

NOW ONLY 93 DAYS UNTIL THE 2021 NFL OPENER AT TAMPA!!!

Whenver you can use a shot of the Grave Digger, Gilbert Brown, you do it!!!