Jared Danielsen Passes Away At Age 38

Darik B

Re: Jared Danielsen Passes Away At Age 38

Post by Darik B » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:41 pm

The world is a much emptier place now. Jared was one of those guys you couldn't help but love. He loved playing fantasy football with us, and would always tell me to text him and throw him into any draft we needed to fill for years. And his wit was top notch. I will miss him dearly. RIP, my friend.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 pm

This is devastating news.

Jared was a great player, and a great person. We literally only talked in Vegas, once a year, but I enjoyed every conversation with him. We talked a bit this year about his job, and then he said he wanted to outbid me on Diontae Johnson in the Vegas Super Auction, as he put a prop for him to lead the league in targets.

He and I were both 3-0 coming into this week, and he beat me 172-169 (when Waller scored on MNF) in a great game. I wouldn't want it any other way, and I'm honored to be able to be on the losing end of his final win in the Vegas Super Auction.

Rest in peace to one of the greats in our industry. :(

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:18 pm

Really awful news and very sad to read about Jared's passing. Have had many a great battle over the years. Many of us get used to seeing each other, whether in person and/or in leagues, that we expect it to never end. This is a dose of reality that is painful. Rest in Peace Jared, you will be missed...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Just saw this, this is so sad...Jared was such a great guy and competitor in the leagues. So sorry to here
this.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:24 am

Just read about Jared’s passing.

Heartbreaking.

If I have my NFFC history correct, Jared was one of the first NFFC’ers to use the strategy of WR-WR-WR and dominate! Jared’s track record was truly amazing.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:55 pm

I was just alerted to this today. Disappointed that I didn't somehow hear about it sooner. I would have strongly considered going to the funeral. He was a beauty. We talked on the phone a few times over the years, but this summer we got especially close. He had an important bet at the start of the year on Ohtani and he was wondering if he should hedge Vlad. I didn't know enough to guide him well on that but I am so happy he called now. I called him back after NBA game that night and we talked for about 3 hours until 2 or 3 in the morning. Seemed like 20 minutes. He was one of those guys I wish lived in my town. I know we would hang out often. I am shaken badly by this.

We rehashed stories and eventually he told me that I have to write a book. The stories I just told him need to be heard by everyone. A book with about one two thirds stories and a third advice on fantasy football, fantasy baseball and gambling which follow a story that relates to the topic. he texted me next morning "you gotta write that book dude." We texted several time since that night, but the pace slowed when i got overwhelmed by football. I think I need to write that book and have it dedicated in some way to Jared.