NFFC Plans For 2022 Contests & Live Events

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans For 2022 Contests & Live Events

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:36 am

I know the 2021 NFFC season ended just a few days ago, but we have been working on the upcoming 2022 season for months and are ready to unveil our plans now. We have contests on Registration now and want to explain our plans and why some contests have some price changes before you sign up. It's all good, but let's get on the same page.

Here's the breakdown:

2022 NFFC Primetime: The cost of entry is now $1,750 per team, up $50 from last year. The price increase is going to allow us to offer a $250,000 grand prize this year and slightly higher league prizes for second and third place. We are shooting for 900 teams after getting 816 teams this year and you can save $100 per team now through May 31st by signing up during our Early Bird Special. We also allowed all 2021 Rotowire Online Championship league winners to convert their $1500 prize into a 2022 Primetime entry, which was a savings of $250 per team. So while there is a price increase, we still have ways for you to save by locking in your Primetime entries early.

2022 NFFC Classic: As much as it pains me, I just can't see offering a national Classic Championship again next year. I loved the way the Classic ran this year and the title was decided by less than one point for our closest national contest of the year. But it was tough to get to 182 teams this year and I just don't see this contest growing next year. Our plan is to offer private NFFC Classic leagues in 2022 at $2,000 per team with solid league prizes, including $15,000 for first place, $5,000 for second and $3,000 for third. We'll host live Classic leagues along with Online Classic leagues and we will have an overall contest, with the champion earning a FREE 2023 Classic entry valued at $2,000. It's not a big prize, but the league prizes should be appealing at that price point and we'll still crown a 19th overall Classic champion. I'm open for feedback on this one, but that's the plan right now.

2022 Rotowire Online Championship: There is no price increase here, but we will be growing the grand prize to $250,000 in 2022. We expect increased demand after getting 4,176 teams in 2021 as prizes are based on around 4,400 teams. We are excited about this contest and are happy to increase the grand prize, while still giving players a reasonable shot at the grand prize.

2022 Auction Leagues: The entry fees for live auctions will be $1,500 in 2022, up from $1,400. This will allow us to increase the league prizes across the board. Same format, same private league setup and same live offerings in New York City and Las Vegas with $2,500 leagues as well.

The Cutline Championship will again have a $100,000 grand prize and the Draft Champions National Championship will also retain its $30,000 grand prize. We expect increased participation numbers for each contest. Same prize structures and same price structures for the NFFC Football Challenge Roto and Points contests as well. Also, same format for the second annual NFFC Online Auction Championship, but after selling out with 34 leagues in 2021 we are increasing the grand prize to $7,000 as we expect even more leagues in 2022.

NFFC Silver Bullet will also return with a $35,000 grand prize and a goal of hitting 240 unique teams. We had 228 teams in 2021.

We again plan on hosting live events in New York City and Las Vegas on Labor Day weekend and in Las Vegas Sept. 8-10, 2022. All private leagues (Satellites, Guillotines, Keeper Leagues, etc.) retain their same formats.

You can now sign up for any of these contests on Registration, but just select TBD for the venue and date right now. That will secure your spot and once we launch the 2022 site after the Super Bowl, all of the dates and times will be present. You can change any of those TBD entries later on your My Teams page by clicking on the gear icon to the left of each team link.

So that's the plan. Who's ready to win a pair of $250,000 grand prizes in 2022!!! :D We will launch the 2022 site shortly after the Super Bowl and prizes are awarded for our NFFC Post-Season Contest. Once the site rolls over, all of your teams go to your My Historical Teams page and we wipe out auction/draft boards, FAAB results and other areas of the site. So if you want to keep any of that, take screen shots now.

Thanks everyone for a FANTASTIC 2021 season and we can't wait to kick off 2022 in February. Until then, get some Post-Season Contest teams and take down our $125,000 and $20,000 prizes. Enjoy and good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius