NFFC Adds Copy Bids List To Pending FAAB Page

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Adds Copy Bids List To Pending FAAB Page

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:24 am

Okay, folks, we think we have a game-changer for you in the NFFC if you own multiple FAAB teams going forward. This game-changer is going to make your life so much easier as you manage NFFC FAAB teams and will save you hours and hours of time each week.

Here it is: Today we are unveiling the Copy Bids feature that will make running multiple NFFC teams so much easier. This will be on your Pending FAAB page under Transactions. Get used to this Pending FAAB page because this is going to be your friend.

Here's how it works.

1) Go to one of your teams once you have a 2022 NFFC FAAB team and select the free agents you want for that league. Let's say you created four different FAAB pickups for that league, each consisting of three players and different bids for each player. Find the free agents you want for that league, set the players you are going to drop from your team for each league, set the bid prices for each potential free agent and hit Save. Your work is done for that one team.

2) Now it's possible that you want to pick up many of those same free agents on your other teams, so just go to Transactions > Pending FAAB. For the team you just worked on, in the gray box where the team name is you will see a green box that says "Copy Bids". Just click on that and all four of those bids with all three players will be copied. A box will then pop up that asks you to Select the League you want to copy this list over to. Pick the league and then click on the green COPY button. All of those bids will be inputted for that league.

3) You can copy and paste that original list into as many of your teams that you want. You will have to individually do this for each of your teams, but it will be a process that will take 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes for each league to find all of those guys. At some point, maybe we can have a list with a check box that you will be able to assign that FAAB list to all of those teams you select, but for now this individual process is the safest for us to debut this feature. We certainly don't want to slow down or mess up anything with FAAB at this point, so that's why we're doing it this way. But imagine having 30 NFBC Cutline Championship teams and assigning these free agents to all of these other teams in a matter of 30 clicks. It's a big time saver.

4) Now it's obvious that some of those free agents won't be available in all of your leagues -- and that you will want to change the dollar values for each individual league -- so, yes, you still have some work to do. But for each league the software will tell you which free agents weren't available (It will say "Alan Lazard was not a free agent in this league") and you can then individually delete that bid for that league or add someone else. You would still need to change any dollar values you want, but your initial dollar values will carry over and be saved for you. Right from the Pending FAAB page it will take just one click to go into each of the league's FAAB pages. Also, you may need to change the player that you want to cut for each move, but again, at least you don't have to search in the player pool in each league for the free agents you want when those free agents will be waiting for you with one click from Pending FAAB.

5) This Pending FAAB page also allows you to double check your bid amounts for every league you have bids in. A lot of people have never used this page and it's the easiest way to check your bids before FAAB runs. Always go here before FAAB runs to make sure you didn't err on any of your bid amounts.

It's harder to explain this new feature in type than it is in a video, so look for a vide from Darik and myself on our YouTube High Stakes Fantasy Network page. I'll also post it in this thread.

This feature will be available for all sports and is actually available right now for NFBC owners if they already have some drafted FAAB teams. Create a list for one of your teams, go to Pending FAAB under Transactions and Copy that list to another team that you have. You'll see that list show up and you can start to get busy.

Enjoy everyone and hopefully this saves you a lot of time each week. Hmmm, maybe it will even allow you to add one or two more FAAB teams to your season!! :D Enjoy and good luck this season.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFFC Adds FAAB Copy List To Pending FAAB Page

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:25 am

Okay, here is the video that shows you all the great features of our FAAB software, including the new Copy Bids feature. We did this for our NFBC owners, but it obviously all works the same in football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnsdmJkW20
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am

So here's an example of how I created four FAAB lists of three players each and saved it. The green Copy button is in the upper right on my Pending FAAB page and I just click that. Again, this was done as an example for baseball, but it works the same in football.

Attachments
IMG_2816 (1).jpg
IMG_2816 (1).jpg (136.27 KiB) Viewed 1951 times

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:29 am

I now go To League and pull down the league I want to copy this list to. When I find it I just click on the green Copy button.

Attachments
IMG_2818 (1).jpg
IMG_2818 (1).jpg (94.45 KiB) Viewed 1950 times

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:31 am

I can then pull down every league I have and copy this list to each league. Then from that page, I can go into each league's FAAB page and see which players might not have been available and also change all of the free agent dollar bids. Again, the key is that you're not searching for all of these free agents in every single league and starting each list from scratch. Deleting some players or changing some players and changing some bid amounts is so much easier than searching for each of these new starting RBs or WRs or QBs for each league, right?

Hope this shows you how easy it is. If you are doing multiple Cutline leagues, this will make it so much easier during those three FAAB periods, and of course will be so helpful if you have multiple Primetime or Online Championship leagues. Enjoy and we hope this saves hours and hours of work for you each week.

Sandman62

Re: NFFC Adds Copy Bids List To Pending FAAB Page

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:24 am

I just watched the video. What a great feature! Thanks so much. 8-)

Another small FAAB request: Would it be an easy addition to add a "Total Amount of Bids"?

I often find myself manually adding up the highest bid amounts from each bid group to ensure I don't go over my remaining FAAB (in which case, it'll just stop processing remaining bid groups, I think). Thank you.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:51 pm

bump

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am

Okay, Professor Darik Buchar gives you an updated tutorial on how to use our great Copy Bids List feature. Now you can see how to copy your FAAB bids and insert them into every other FAAB league you have. The computer then sorts through each league and immediately shows you whether those players are available in those leagues or not. The Copy Bids List also carries over your bid totals for each league, so that you have a starting point as well.

Check this out and take 15 minutes out of your time to learn how you can save hours and hours of time during the season:

https://youtu.be/PPyacc1Pi-k

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:53 am

Professor Darik Buchar also created a tutorial to show you how to use all of the tools on your My Teams page and other great tools on the site that some folks still haven't figured out where they are:

https://youtu.be/8QgIDdHD_RI

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:12 am

We have added two new features to the Copy Bids List feature today as we continue to try to save you time during the FAAB season:

1) You can now Copy Bids to multiple teams at once and you can even Copy Bids to all of your teams if you'd like. We no longer are making you individually select each team that you want to Copy those bids to. Just look at the pulldown and copy the bids to whatever teams you want, even if it's all of them.

A blue box will then pop up and tell you which leagues those players aren't available in and you can then individually work on those teams as you see fit. You can x out of that blue box once you have the information you need.

2) We've also added your remaining FAAB budget for each individual team on that Pending FAAB Page. This should help you quickly see how much FAAB you have left for all of your teams.

We are continuing to get suggestions to make this page even better and are working on them now. We always knew this page was a work in progress, but we know that if we can save you hours of FAAB time it will allow you to enjoy the season better and maybe even add a few FAAB leagues next year. Keep the suggestions coming and we'll see if we can implement them.

Thanks all and best of luck during these last two FAAB periods.