2022 GTD football auction - $50, Tuesday July 19 at 8 pm, sold out

RC Techies

Re: 2022 GTD football auction - $50, Tuesday July 19 at 8 pm, 1 spot left

Post by RC Techies » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm

Go ahead and sign me up if the spot is still open. Will need some information on how this draft works.

76erfan

Re: 2022 GTD football auction - $50, Tuesday July 19 at 8 pm, sold out

Post by 76erfan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:03 am

All invites are accepted and we are ready to roll next Tuesday!

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:33 am

Tonight is the night! Nffc takes on Greg, Tom and Darik in an auction. Will post results!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:53 am

We'll be featuring this auction tomorrow night on our Sirius show. Greg and I will talk about our teams in our opening segment and then at 11 ET we'll interview three of tonight's participants, including the defending champ himself Bill Hare and see how everyone thinks they did tonight. Should be a lotta fun :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:37 pm

We are livestreaming this auction tonight on our High Stakes Fantasy Network YouTube channel. Tom, Darik and myself will just ad-lib and drink during this auction league and we'll showcase the auction board as well. Join us at 8 pm ET tonight and add to the Chat with your questions or comments. Just bring your own beer!!! :lol:

See you here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXYCJJ ... Sb-VngrVBw
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:22 pm

Here's my team:

QB-Kyler Murray $7
QB-Jameis Winston $1
RB-Austin Ekeler $42
RB-Cam Akers $27
RB-AJ Dillon $10
RB-Chase Edmonds $7
RB-Isaiah Spiller $5
RB-D'Onta Foreman $4
WR-Deebo Samuel $34
WR-Brandin Cooks $17
WR-Courtland Sutton $15
WR-Russell Gage $12
WR-Tyler Boyd $6
WR-Jalen Tolbert $1
TE-Mike Gesicki $5
TE-Tyler Higbee $3
K-Bills $1
K-Saints $1
D-Dolphins $1
D-Browns $1

Adding my thoughts: I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I wanted either Ekeler or Jones as my RB1 for around $40. Ekeler came up first and I got him. Akers was my RB2 target so I got the two RBs I wanted along with Deebo who was my WR1 target. Had I known how cheap Davante was gonna end up going for (he went for only $35 and came up after Deebo), I would've laid off Deebo but I don't think anyone saw that coming. But that's how auctions go sometimes.

TONS of great WR buys which I think we'll see in auctions the entire season. The position is just so deep. The TE prices were insane and went MUCH higher than every other auction we've had so far. I certainly wasn't planning on spending $8 combined for Gesicki and Higbee but I had to get two guys who at least have a reasonable pulse and shouldn't kill me most weeks. That's really the only position I have some issues with. Kyler is a strong QB1 and I love my RB and WR depth. Barring injury I'm gonna have some very tough lineup decisions every week, especially at WR3 and Flex but as we all know the season tends to work these things all out.

As always this was a lotta fun and the league should be fun to play out as well. Looking forward to starting the season now :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:47 pm

My team

QB Lamar Jackson $11
RB D`Andre Swift $40
RB Breece Hall $26
WR Stefon Diggs $38
WR Terry McLaurin $21
WR Elijah Moore $10
TE Mark Andrews $23
FLEX Tyler Lockett $8
TK Los Angeles Rams $1
TDSP Balt Ravens $1

RES
Rhamondre Stevenson (RB) $9
Jared Goff (QB) $1
David Njoku (TE) $1
Kenneth Gainwell (RB) $3
Philadelphia Eagles (TDSP) $1
Jamaal Williams (RB) $2
Bryan Edwards (WR) $1
Chris Evans (RB) $1
Van Jefferson (WR) $1
Kendrick Bourne (WR) $1

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:38 am

It was a fun, fun auction league last night with 12 good owners. We finished this auction in 2 hours and 15 minutes with two 5 minute breaks. The software is fantastic and these are a BLAST to compete in. If you haven't done one of these, you should.

I thought prices were low for a lot of the top players that went in this auction compared to AAV. Here were the top winning bids:

Jonathan Taylor $54
Christian McCaffrey $50
Justin Jefferson $50
Cooper Kupp $49
Dalvin Cook $48
Najee Harris $47
Saquon Barkley $44
Ja'Marr Chase $44
Derrick Henry $42
Austin Ekeler $42
D'Andre Swift $40
Javonte Williams $40

The public draft board with all of the winning bids can be found here: https://draft.shgn.com/nfc/public/dpf/1819/auction-grid

William Hare has won the last two GTD Auction Leagues and he's trying for a three-peat this year. Can you guess which one is his team?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:46 am

I was Team 4. I'll post my team here:

QB - Russell Wilson $11
RB - Najee Harris $47
RB - Aaron Jones $36
WR - Keenan Allen $23
WR - DJ Moore $19
WR - Jerry Jeudy $8
TE - Zach Ertz $9
Flex - Antonio Gibson $9
K - Kansas City 1
D/ST - Tampa $2

QB - Kirk Cousins $2
RB - Melvin Gordon $5
RB - Tyrian Davis-Price $1
RB - Gus Edwards $1
RB - Brian Robinson $1
WR - Amari Cooper $7
WR - Chris Olave $5
WR - Christian Watson $1
WR - Julio Jones $1
TE - Noah Fant $5

Two quick points from this auction: QB prices were higher than expected and I should have jumped in earlier on Murray or Hurts. Wilson was the last of the Top 12 QBs and two of us got in a bidding war for him. I should have nabbed Murray or Hurts for $9, but I thought I was waiting out the crowd on that position and could get a $4 starting QB. Also, bidding was intense for the top TEs as well and I had to spend more than I wanted on that position. Tom and I both waited on the position and got into it with Ertz, when neither one of us wanted to spend that much on him.

Four teams had a lot of money left at the end to grab top reserves, but I was happy with Chris Olave at $5 and Melvin Gordon at $5. I really think Olave can have a nice rookie season and didn't expect to get him at the end. Oh well, good fun all around and we'll see if one of us can unseat Bill Hare as the defending champion. Let The Games Begin!!