NFFC Champions Profile - Billy Wasosky

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Champions Profile - Billy Wasosky

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:43 pm

As a NFFC Hall of Famer, Billy Wasosky’s fantasy football resume is highlighted by plenty of outstanding achievements. There are league championships, accolades and the types of personal accomplishments that make him the envy of thousands who play this game year in and year out.

But there was one carrot Billy had been chasing for years that fueled his passion as it does all players who play this game at the highest of levels. A national championship.

No matter what other accomplishments a player may achieve there is nothing else that can compare to winning a national title in the NFFC. Perhaps that’s why Billy bestowed a name upon one of his teams a year ago in the RotoWire Online Championship a moniker that betrayed a belief which suggested his desire to claim that honor.

Whatever It Takes.

Whatever it took came to fruition for the Hall of Famer in 2021 when the stars all aligned in a magical Week 17 for Billy spearheaded by performances from Joe Burrow, Ja’Marr Chase and Davante Adams in particular which catapulted Waskosky’s team to the title in the RotoWire Online Championship and the $200,000 grand prize.

“It was an obviously an incredible feeling (to win the championship) and something we all strive to win,” he said. “I was scheduled to return to school the next day after the Pittsburgh-Cleveland game, but we got a few inches of snow that put us out for two days. It was hard to sleep that night so I was grateful to have the extra couple of days to soak it all in.”

And what a feeling final week it was.

First there was sensational output from Chase and Burrow. The Bengals’ superstars combined for 102.9 points. Not to be outdone, Davante Adams threw down 30.6 in his NFFC finale for the Packers. Then in the regular season finale of the season, Najee Harris dropped 29.6 for the Steelers. All of that culminated in a sensational 252.6 point performance in Week 17 for Wasosky’s team.

That was enough to help Billy outduel Danny Mueller in the final night for the championship. Wasosky ended up finishing 26.45 points ahead of Mueller’s team in the final standings after Harris and the Steeler’s team kicker concluded the final game of the season.

Billy had begun the championship round in 33rd place but dropped to 195th overall after Week 15. However, a strong Week 16 helped him move up to 27th place and gave him hope heading into the home stretch.

“After week 16 when I climbed to 26th place, I thought I had a decent shot at some good money,” he said. “When Burrow and Chase went off in week 17, and I was in the top 3, I knew I could hang as long as Aaron Rodgers didn’t go nuts and Davante Adams kept it close. Down 21.3 with Najee Harris and Chris Boswell, I felt confident, but know that anything can happen in this game.”

As is so often the case with a championship season, good health played a key role in helping Billy make his push to the $200,000 grand prize. His team did not suffer any major injuries during the season.

Because of that, he didn’t have to work the Waiver Wire very aggressively during the year. He only made one pickup (Cam Newton) of more than $100 the entire year and his best move (Cordarrelle Patterson) came in Week 2.

“He was a nice piece to have until the championship round started,” Wasosky said.

A charter member of the NFFC, this was Billy’s biggest win in our contest. But he’s certainly no stranger to NFFC success. He begins the season fourth on our All-Time money winner’s list and as a Hall of Famer is one of the most respected players in the industry.

And now he is also a national champion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Re: NFFC Champions Profile - Billy Wasosky

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:47 pm

I was happy as hell for you buddy. Could not happen to a better guy.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:26 pm

Great champion congrats Billy!

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:59 pm

Undoubtedly one of the best to play the game we play. Congrats Billy, you were due for one of these.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:37 am

Not only a great player, and honestly one of the absolute best out there, but also one of the best people in the High Stakes arena. The BillyWaz is an all time great player and person and I was truly happy to see him get his long overdue overall championship. Well deserved and Congrats Buddy.

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:41 pm

Congrats Billy, see ya in Vegas for next round!

MC
Alabama Abandoned
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED