SOLD OUT: Beat Liz Loza Sack Cancer Primetime League

Greg Ambrosius

SOLD OUT: Beat Liz Loza Sack Cancer Primetime League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:09 am

For the third straight year, the NFFC is partnering with the V Foundation to raise funds for a special cause. We have raised over $35,000 the last two years for the V Foundation, but this year we are going to raise even more funds for this great cause.

Here's how we're going to do it:

* James Roday, the star of ABC's sitcom "A Million Little Things" and former star of USA Network's "Psych" has recruited five other super heroes to take on the NFFC community and raise money for cancer research together.

* Each super hero will be assigned to an NFFC Primetime Sack Cancer League. Every penny our super heroes earn in the NFFC Primetime will be donated to Conner's Cure of the V Foundation. Conner's Cure raises funds for pediatric cancer research, a cause close to everyone's heart.

* We will ask every NFFC Primetime owner to donate what they see fit ($100 each would be great) after signing up for a Sack Cancer League. Here's the Donate link: https://donate.v.org/give/364732/#!/donation/checkout

* James Roday will also donate $1,000 to the V Foundation for every team that finishes ahead of him in his Sack Cancer League standings. Unfortunately, James has donated more than $10,000 over the last three years, but he plans on winning the $250,000 grand prize this year rather than pay any league fees!!!

* We will also have a SPECIAL prize among the Sack Cancer league participants, courtesy of the WWE. The team that finishes with the most points after Week 14 among the 72 Sack Cancer teams will win TWO TICKETS TO BOTH DAYS OF WRESTLE MANIA 2023!!! That's right, two tickets for two days of Wrestle Mania 2023, courtesy of the WWE.

Last year, Michael Fabino of SI.com led our super heroes by winning his NFFC Primetime league and donating $7,000 to the V Foundation. His team was Top 15 most of the regular season, but an injury to Derrick Henry slowed him down and he finished 59th overall in the Primetime Championship Round. But he's ready to improve on that finish and win another Sack Cancer League title for the V Foundation.

Last year, we had five Sack Cancer leagues. This year we are upping the ante and providing six Sack Cancer leagues. The participants include:

James Roday - the star of the TV series Psych for 8 seasons, he's now the star of ABC's A Million Little Things
Mike "The Miz" - the two-time WWE heavyweight champion, he's also the star of "Miz & Mrs." reality show
Kofi Kingston - 14-time WWE Tag Team Champion and former WWE heavyweight champion
Michael Fabiano - fantasy football writer for almost 30 years, he's now with SportsIllustrated.com after 16 years at the NFL Network
Jennifer Piacenti - fantasy football writer for SI.com after several years at Fantasy Alarm
Liz Loza - the newest fantasy football writer for ESPN.com after many years at Yahoo.com

We are still working on our preview videos as it's been tough to corral the group this year with Summer Slam and WrestleMania around this same time. But here are the current draft dates and we'll highlight these dates on the Lobby page:

Kofi Kingston - Tuesday, September 6th, 9 pm ET
James Roday - Sunday, September 5th, 9 pm ET
Michael Fabiano - Monday, September 4th, 2 pm ET (this draft will be broadcast live on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio)
Jennifer Piacenti - Wednesday, September 7th, 9 pm ET
Mike The Miz - Thursday, September 8th, 4 pm ET

We hope to broadcast Michael Fabiano's Sack Cancer draft live on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, so that one might be a 2 pm ET league. We're still working on the draft date for that one, but should have it soon. We also hope to broadcast the Miz's draft live on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio as well. Stay tuned.

We are asking anyone who joins these leagues or even those who just love this great cause to please make a monetary donation -- and it can be any size, but the bigger the better -- to Connor's Cure of the V Foundation. Here's the Donate link again:

http://v.org/sackcancer

Here's the link with a fun video to last year's NFFC Sack Cancer League, and we'll update it shortly:

http://playnffc.com/sackcancer

We are calling these leagues The SACK CANCER League because we all know Cancer needs to be sacked and we want to beat it. We're going to do that by winning in fantasy football and donating as a community of good people. First 11 new signups for each designated league will form that league and we will shut off these draft dates and times once they are full. If you are changing a TBD entry to one of these leagues, we still hope that you will donate to the cause.

While these leagues are raising money for Connor's Cure -- a partnership between the V Foundation and WWE that raises awareness and funds to support pediatric cancer research -- we are hopeful that everyone in the NFFC contributes something to the cause. Not only that, but we are going to spread the word about this league throughout the fantasy football industry and hope the entire industry can back this cause. It's time for our industry to help out another worthy industry.

As you can see from the video, Mike, James and Kofi are ALL IN for this cause and so is Fabs. They are all long-time fantasy players and James has been with us for about 17 years. They have every intention of dominating this league and the overall competition as well. I can't tell you how great they've been through all of this. And with The Miz having 3.3 million Twitter followers and all four of them having over 6 million Twitter followers combined, well, I think we can create some buzz about the NFFC, about the V Foundation and about our industry in general, especially if we support a cause that is near and dear to our hearts.

We also have the WWE supporting us and the V Foundation. They have supported this idea right from the start.

So there we go. Let's fill up these special, unique and high-profile leagues, donate to the V Foundation whether you're in them or not, and then get the smack talk rolling. We'll keep these leagues high-profile throughout the season as well and add some smack talk videos from time to time. Let's make this fun and still raise money for a good cause.

Thanks all and enjoy. Now, let's see if any of these celebrities can win the $250,000 grand prize and donate it to charity. Here we go.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFFC Sack Cancer Leagues To Raise Funds For V Foundation

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:18 pm

We'll post the draft dates here and update the signup list for everyone to know exactly when these leagues are drafting. Good luck and enjoy.

ONLINE - SACK CANCER LEAGUE
FEATURING KOFI KINGSTON
Tuesday, September 6, 9 pm ET
1. MICHAEL PORRECA
2. Douglas Gruber
3. KOFI SARKODIE
4. Alex Kovalic
5. Shawn Childs
6. Christopher Vaccaro
7. Frank Legacy
8. Eddie Gillis
9. Greg Koester
10. David Winkler
11. Michael Crescenzi
12. derrick stoudymire

PRIMETIME ONLINE - SACK CANCER LEAGUE
FEATURING JAMES RODAY
Sunday, September 4, 9 pm ET
1. Kyle Hillesheim
2. john rozek
3. Thomas Kay
4. Stephen Ciepiela
5. Douglas Gruber
6. Mark Srebro
7. Nelson Sousa
8. James Rodriguez
9. MICHAEL STURGEON
10. ROSS TALBOT
11. derrick stoudymire
12. Matt Shepherd

FEATURING MICHAEL FABIANO (this draft air live on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio)
Monday, September 5th, 2 pm ET

1. Curtis Hirsch
2. Nelson Sousa
3. Michael Fabiano
4. Kimra Schleicher
5. DAVID SHULMAN
6. Ted Kasten
7. LAURA MODICA
8. Kenneth Ford
9. Neil Hassett Jr.
10. David Rimel
11. John Rozek
12. Corey Parson

ONLINE - SACK CANCER LEAGUE
FEATURING JENNIFER PIACENTI
Wednesday, September 7, 9 pm ET
1. Michael Edelman
2. Clark Olson
3. matt modica
4. Tejas Bodiwala
5. Douglas Gruber
6. Nelson Sousa
7. Jennifer Piacenti
8. Scott Fritz
9. Matthew Shepherd
10. Justin Schrank
11. William Forrester
12. Thomas Greenwald

FEATURING MIKE THE MIZ
Thursday, September 8th, 4 pm ET
1. MIKE KUZMA
2. Nina Dulacki
3. Curtis Hirsch
4. Mark Srebro
5. Nelson Sousa
6. MICHAEL MIZANIN
7. Michael Amarante
8. Andrew Sullivan
9. JOSHUA DOMBROWSKI
10. NATHANIEL MATUSIAK
11. Mike Santos
12. Will Cornett

FEATURING LIZ LOZA
Saturday, September 10, 1 pm ET
1. Randy Mechels
2. Richard Townsley
3. Lawrence Schechter
4. James Mack
5. john rozek
6. Curtis Hirsch
7. Chad Schroeder
8. Abdulaziz Madani
9. Liz Loza
10. Brian Leigh
11. Kacy Kliment
12. Patrick Gallagher
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

lycanthrope

Post by lycanthrope » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:52 am

Big fan here of Mr. James Roday Rodriguez since his "Psych" days and I am also a longtime member of the NFFC. I couldn't miss the opportunity to join a league with Mr. Rodriguez himself and go up against him all season long. Although I bet it would be a blast to be on his team (as long as we didn't draft the entire Titans offense. No offense. pun much intended.) Anyways, I have made my donation to the V Foundation and I will now be drafting against James and ten NFFC "fantasy football geniuses" in a few weeks.

I thought instead of just doing my one time donation and leaving the chance of a much larger donation up to Mr. Rodriguez and his SuperStar friends, why don't we NFFCers join in on the fun? So, I have decided that I will donate 20% of any winnings from this Sack Cancer Primetime league to the V Foundation and yes, that includes if I were fortunate enough to win the whole enchilada. Who's with me?

Why let just the SuperStars be the philanthropic heroes? I know a lot of you have done quite well in the NFFC over the years and could afford to give even more to such a great cause. If one of the SuperStars doesn't take down the grand prize of $250,000 for the V Foundation, then why not one of us NFFCers win it all and throw a hefty pile o' cash their way? I too have lost someone close to me to cancer and the more chances we can come together to "Sack Cancer", the better!

I challenge you to also donate a percentage of your winnings to Connor's Cure/V Foundation. Please reply when you have joined in on the fun. No matter who wins the league, we ALL win when we Sack Cancer.

Thomas Kay- Disposable Heroes

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:11 pm

lycanthrope wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:52 am
Big fan here of Mr. James Roday Rodriguez since his "Psych" days and I am also a longtime member of the NFFC. I couldn't miss the opportunity to join a league with Mr. Rodriguez himself and go up against him all season long. Although I bet it would be a blast to be on his team (as long as we didn't draft the entire Titans offense. No offense. pun much intended.) Anyways, I have made my donation to the V Foundation and I will now be drafting against James and ten NFFC "fantasy football geniuses" in a few weeks.

I thought instead of just doing my one time donation and leaving the chance of a much larger donation up to Mr. Rodriguez and his SuperStar friends, why don't we NFFCers join in on the fun? So, I have decided that I will donate 20% of any winnings from this Sack Cancer Primetime league to the V Foundation and yes, that includes if I were fortunate enough to win the whole enchilada. Who's with me?

Why let just the SuperStars be the philanthropic heroes? I know a lot of you have done quite well in the NFFC over the years and could afford to give even more to such a great cause. If one of the SuperStars doesn't take down the grand prize of $250,000 for the V Foundation, then why not one of us NFFCers win it all and throw a hefty pile o' cash their way? I too have lost someone close to me to cancer and the more chances we can come together to "Sack Cancer", the better!

I challenge you to also donate a percentage of your winnings to Connor's Cure/V Foundation. Please reply when you have joined in on the fun. No matter who wins the league, we ALL win when we Sack Cancer.

Thomas Kay- Disposable Heroes
I love it Thomas!!! WELL DONE!!!

Yes, our super heroes will donate all of their winnings to the V Foundation and Conner's Cure, but it would be great to have our other Sack Cancer League winners donate some of their winnings from these leagues to the same cause. Excellent idea. Oh, and thanks for the nice contribution to the V Foundation after signing up. Much appreciated.

I like the offer from Thomas. Let's fill these leagues up, raise some money for charity before the drafts begin and then get someone from these leagues to battle for the $250,000 grand prize. Wouldn't that be cool? Thanks all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:54 pm

Okay, Mike The Miz has locked in his Draft Date:

Thursday, September 8th at 4 pm ET Online, just before the kickoff of the opening game. The Miz is ready to battle all of the very best that the NFFC has to offer and he's ready to win the $250,000 grand prize and donate it to Conner's Cure of the V Foundation.

THAT'S AWESOME!!! :lol:

Here's the signup link:

https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/football?fo ... 11443,60,1

If you join this league, please make a donation to the V Foundation here:

https://www.classy.org/give/364732/#!/donation/checkout

Then be ready to take on the best and most loyal Cleveland sports fan in the nation: The Miz!!! Good luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:31 am

And now Michael Fabiano has locked in his Sack Cancer Primetime League draft date. It will be on Monday, September 5th at 2 pm ET.

Yes, this is Labor Day afternoon and Fabs will broadcast the draft live from 2-4 pm ET. First 11 teams to sign up will join Fabs in this Primetime League and will be part of the SiriusXM draft. Can't wait.

Here is the direct signup link to this league:

https://nfc.shgn.com/signup/football?fo ... 11407,60,1

SACK CANCER - MICHAEL FABIANO LEAGUE
Monday, September 5, 2 pm ET (Broadcast on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio)
1. Michael Fabiano

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 4 Spots Left: Beat The Miz Sack Cancer Primetime League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:49 am

NOW ONLY 4 SPOTS LEFT in the "Beat Mike The Miz" NFFC Primetime Sack Cancer League that is set for Thursday, September 8th at 4 pm ET. The Miz is traveling around the country for WWE and the "Miz & Mrs." reality show, but he promises that he is ready for the fantasy football season and will win this league title and the $250,000 grand prize!!!

Every penny that the Miz earns will go directly to Conner's Cure of the V Foundation, which is very close to his heart. He's bringing it this year, so be ready. AWESOME!!! If you sign up for this league, please donate something to the V Foundation and ask your friends to donate as well. Thanks.

Here's the current signup list:

FEATURING MIKE THE MIZ
1. Nina Dulacki
2. Nelson Sousa
3. MICHAEL MIZANIN
4. Michael Amarante
5. Andrew Sullivan
6. JOSHUA DOMBROWSKI
7. NATHANIEL MATUSIAK
8. LAURA MODICA
9. Mike Santos

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 3 Spots Left: Beat The Miz Sack Cancer Primetime League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:45 am

NOW ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT in the NFFC Primetime Sack Cancer League against James Roday Rodriguez on Sunday, Sept. 4th at 9 pm ET. Who wants to take this last spot and show James how to play fantasy football?

Look for draft spots shortly after this league fills. Thanks all and good luck.

Here's the current signup list:

NFFC Primetime Sack Cancer League
With James Roday Rodriguez
1. Kyle Hillesheim
2. john rozek
3. Thomas Kay
4. Stephen Ciepiela
5. Douglas Gruber
6. Mark Srebro
7. Nelson Sousa
8. James Rodriguez
9. MICHAEL STURGEON
10. ROSS TALBOT
11. derrick stoudymire

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 1 Spot Left: Beat The Miz Sack Cancer Primetime League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:48 am

Also, NOW ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT IN THE MIZ LEAGUE!!!

FEATURING MIKE THE MIZ
1. MIKE KUZMA
2. Nina Dulacki
3. Curtis Hirsch
4. Mark Srebro
5. Nelson Sousa
6. MICHAEL MIZANIN
7. Michael Amarante
8. Andrew Sullivan
9. JOSHUA DOMBROWSKI
10. NATHANIEL MATUSIAK
11. Mike Santos

Tom Kessenich

Re: 1 Spot Left: Beat The Miz Sack Cancer Primetime League

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:06 am

Roday's Sack Cancer Primetime League is SOLD OUT

FEATURING JAMES RODAY
1. Kyle Hillesheim
2. john rozek
3. Thomas Kay
4. Stephen Ciepiela