CANCELLED: 2023 Footballguys Championship

Greg Ambrosius

CANCELLED: 2023 Footballguys Championship

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:05 am

I apologize and regret to say that today we are officially cancelling the 2023 Footballguys Championship.

Everyone will be fully refunded their entry fees for the Footballguys Championship, whether you drafted your teams or not. All finished leagues will be disbanded and cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused to you, but it's a decision that we felt was best right now for everyone.

And if you would instead like to join the Rotowire Online Championship or any other contest, let me know via email and I'll make sure you retain any discount you may have gotten when you signed up for the Footballguys Championship. It's an easy transfer and I can do that for you. Thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience.

We had 11 full leagues as of July 4th and less than 300 teams with a goal of reaching 7,500 teams. While the feedback was very positive on the format and the league playoff structure, the $350 price point is already a crowded field and getting players to try a new game at this time is very tough. The NFFC and Footballguys.com management realized that and felt that a different path together made more sense.

As a result, Footballguys.com will continue to be a valuable promotional partner with the NFFC and they will continue to promote NFFC contests and help us with draft analysis. In fact, our national best ball championship will now be called the Footballguys Best Ball Championship as they will promote the contest and analyze draft trends. That contest has a guaranteed $30,000 grand prize.

Footballguys.com will also promote the Rotowire Online Championship and the NFFC Primetime, and we hope to create some "Beat" leagues against their top writers. We will also be incorporating several Footballguys.com tools into our draft room and into our in-season software, including Footballguys Rankings, projections and draft grades. Look for head-to-head projections during the season for all of our NFFC games thanks to the Footballguys.com projection tools.

"We're all disappointed that the contest has been cancelled this year, but we look forward to working with Joe Bryant and his team on growing the high-stakes space through our existing NFFC products and we know they will help us grow the Footballguys Best Ball Championship this year and beyond," said Greg Ambrosius, director of fantasy games at SportsHub Games Network. "It's a popular format and I know they will help us reach new heights this year as they break down draft analysis and the ADPs. Our working relationship won't change at all and we will continue to cross promote between our two strong fantasy football communities."

We're excited about the NFFC's future with Footballguys.com as a promotional partner, but we apologize for the cancellation of this contest. Good luck in all your leagues this year and please email me if you need help with anything. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius