a scoring question

BigBlueNation

a scoring question

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:44 pm

If the KC score hadn't been negated, how would it have been scored. Assume Mahomes gets a TD pass and all the yardage, Toney gets a TD, Kelce gets a reception, but how would the yardage split between Kelce and Toney?
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Re: a scoring question

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:44 am

BigBlueNation wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:44 pm
If the KC score hadn't been negated, how would it have been scored. Assume Mahomes gets a TD pass and all the yardage, Toney gets a TD, Kelce gets a reception, but how would the yardage split between Kelce and Toney?
I honestly don't know the answer to that Bill, maybe someone else does. However the NFL would've scored it we would've followed suit.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:05 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
I can only guess Bill, but it seems like Kelce would have gotten the reception and the receiving yards. Then I think Toney would have gotten rushing yards from the point he received the ball until the end zone plus 6 points for a rushing TD. That's just my guess, but I don't know how else they would have scored it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:10 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
There is a famous precedent for this. Randy Moss invented Kelce's play. It happened October 19, 2003 Vikings vs Broncos. Culpepper threw a 44 yard bomb to Moss who lateraled it to Moe Williams before he got tackled at the Broncos 15 yd line. Williams went on to score.

Here is the official scoring of that play:
-Culpepper got all the passing yards (59) and the passing TD
-Moss was credited for the reception and the 44 yds but no TD
-Moe Williams was credited for the 15 yards, receiving TD but not for a catch

The official game record is on profootballreference.com. 2003 season, Week 7, Vikings vs Broncos

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:01 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:10 pm
BigBlueNation wrote:
There is a famous precedent for this. Randy Moss invented Kelce's play. It happened October 19, 2003 Vikings vs Broncos. Culpepper threw a 44 yard bomb to Moss who lateraled it to Moe Williams before he got tackled at the Broncos 15 yd line. Williams went on to score.

Here is the official scoring of that play:
-Culpepper got all the passing yards (59) and the passing TD
-Moss was credited for the reception and the 44 yds but no TD
-Moe Williams was credited for the 15 yards, receiving TD but not for a catch

The official game record is on profootballreference.com. 2003 season, Week 7, Vikings vs Broncos
Great job finding that. Kind of unreal that Williams would get 15 yards receiving but no catch. Not a big deal, but you would think that would be 15 rushing yards. But I guess if Culpepper gets the full passing yards then Williams should get 15 of them.

Very interesting. I had it wrong, so thanks for finding this info. Great stuff.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius