NFFC Employee Fired After Illegal Move Was Detected

Greg Ambrosius

Re: NFFC Employee Fired After Illegal Move Was Detected

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:31 pm

nails wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:18 pm
i'll always play nffc as long as there is a contest. just simple question.

with the programming that is available, i see no reason the software cannot be adjusted to add a fail safe to situations like this (which i am shocked does not exist). Time stamping is one thing but it has to be caught obviously. So how do you catch it minus self policing?

program the software to automatically send out an alert to the powers that be the minute a lineup is amended after a game begins automatically - period. there should be no way to bypass it. should be an easy trigger to add into the system. How this does not exist i don't know in today's age of technology? If someone did not catch it who is to say it would have been seen until it was too late? You shoud NOT have to rely on a player to see the lineup change was made. Whether an admin makes it OR a player makes the change if it occurs after a game start it should automatically send out an alert to administration (not an employee but the boss or bosses). No employee should have the ability to make changes anyway without multiple approvals from multiple admins. that would be another easy fix. you would need a code or password to do it. so one person could not do it.

Desperate time causes people to do desperate things. As a catholic i forgive everyone. However, we all must learn and grow from the mistake(s). Unfortunately, in this modern WOKE society, not many people are given 2nd changes. It's a shame but just reality.
This is in place now. Thanks
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:18 am

Plenty has been said, so probably no need to elaborate. But my two is cents is I have complete confidence in Greg and Tom. An ahole has hurt them, Nffc, and the industry badly, but I believe this will only make me feel safer going forward that more controls will be put in place.

Every industry and business thinks they have everything perfect until they realize they don't know what they don't know. How many thousands of businesses have thought they had the right checks and balances for those who controlled finances, only to have internal staff steal from them because they found loopholes? How many businesses thought their IT protection was perfect and couldn't be hacked, only to find out they were wrong?

The key is learning from adversity and correcting the mistakes. Go back to the Hamlin game. NO ONE ever thought a game would be totally canceled mid game, especially the last game of the fantasy playoffs. Tough decisions, new rules and adjustments had to be created. NO ONE that I have read EVER thought that Darik would be this big of an idiot to try and profit bt cheating, at the risk of losing so much. But we were all wrong. So now new fail safes have to be created.

I will be in just as many contests next year as I have every year. I heard Jeff Mans ripping on NFFC "truthers" yesterday calling NFFC players a cult. F Jeff Mans. He is a jerk who thinks he is simply better than everyone else. I rarely get through one of his shows without needing to turn the channel at least once. Anyway,I am not a NFFC truther but I have done NFFC 19 years. I do believe in Greg and Tom, and so I will not let one horrible apple spoil the bunch.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:24 am

Soupdog wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:18 am
I heard Jeff Mans ripping on NFFC "truthers" yesterday calling NFFC players a cult. F Jeff Mans. He is a jerk who thinks he is simply better than everyone else. I rarely get through one of his shows without needing to turn the channel at least once. Anyway,I am not a NFFC truther but I have done NFFC 19 years. I do believe in Greg and Tom, and so I will not let one horrible apple spoil the bunch.
Question - Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm really curious as to what is an "NFFC truther"?

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:30 am

His explanation of an NFFC truther was NFFC players who think that only NFFC is a good fantasy product and eveyone should only play NFFC. He said people have attacked him and his staff for not playing NFFC. "Where is your NFFC teams?" So basically sounds like he couldn't handle people asking him why he chooses not to play NFFC? If that is attacking him, he needs thicker skin.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:38 am

For those looking to get into Discord here is a new link to join us there:

https://discord.gg/vYBdKKhy
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:00 pm

Please know that we are working diligently along with U.S. Integrity to review and audit all of our contests, and that we will reveal the results of their investigation once it is completed.

Earlier in the week, in the heat of the moment when unimaginable things were coming to light, I made a mistake in thinking that the irregular player transactions were limited to just one contest. For that, I can only apologize. Since then, it has become clear that a few additional instances of suspicious transactions have occurred. I want to acknowledge that we are aware of those instances as well and everything will be considered during the third-party audit. The contests that we know about at this time are referenced below.

One move was in Week 1 of the NFFC $50 Post-Season Contest and that team is locked right now and unable to win any prize money. The other move was for a Rotowire Online Championship team in Weeks 15 and 16 of the Championship Round. That team finished 2nd in its league and 245th overall in the Championship Round. It won no prize money. To be very clear, none of the reported late changes have affected prize money, and all of the irregular entries in currently ongoing contests have been frozen and cannot win prizes.

Each late move can be seen in our timestamps and are pictured below. Please understand that until the third-party investigation is completed, we can’t comment any further about specific contests or transactions.
Mini HoldEm - Team Willis - WK19.png
Mini HoldEm - Team Willis - WK19.png (90.19 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Rotowire OC - I Diggs It 2 - Wk 16.png
Rotowire OC - I Diggs It 2 - Wk 16.png (142.02 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Former-Army-Person

Post by Former-Army-Person » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:11 pm

I've been an NFFC player off and on for many years. I've always had faith in the honesty of the contest. This certainly shakes it, but doesn't break it. I hope the NFFC survives this.

My wife and I watch far too much true-crime. When it comes to criminal behavior, we always say: if there's more than one, there's more than two [occurrences].

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:08 pm

nails wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:18 pm
i'll always play nffc as long as there is a contest. just simple question.

with the programming that is available, i see no reason the software cannot be adjusted to add a fail safe to situations like this (which i am shocked does not exist). Time stamping is one thing but it has to be caught obviously. So how do you catch it minus self policing?

program the software to automatically send out an alert to the powers that be the minute a lineup is amended after a game begins automatically - period. there should be no way to bypass it. should be an easy trigger to add into the system. How this does not exist i don't know in today's age of technology? If someone did not catch it who is to say it would have been seen until it was too late? You shoud NOT have to rely on a player to see the lineup change was made. Whether an admin makes it OR a player makes the change if it occurs after a game start it should automatically send out an alert to administration (not an employee but the boss or bosses). No employee should have the ability to make changes anyway without multiple approvals from multiple admins. that would be another easy fix. you would need a code or password to do it. so one person could not do it.

Desperate time causes people to do desperate things. As a catholic i forgive everyone. However, we all must learn and grow from the mistake(s). Unfortunately, in this modern WOKE society, not many people are given 2nd changes. It's a shame but just reality.
Better yet, why even allow any changes, even by admins, once the games start and lineups locked? And this can be mentioned in the rules as well, just so everyone understands. And if somehow this is done, then yes, also send alerts to the higher ups would also be a good idea, never know who might be tempoarirly manipulating the software. :)

Sideline Sage

Post by Sideline Sage » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:36 pm

I am shocked and saddened. That Darik, a person we trusted would succomb to this is incomprehensible.
I am saddened that Greg and Tom, whose reputation and integrity have never been questioned, now will have this stain by a rotten apple they trusted.
They have put their heart and soul into this product for over 20 years and have my 100% trust.

NFFC will now be stronger and more trustworthy than ever before as I know Greg and Tom will do everything possible to improve the product. I fully believe NFFC will overcome this and they have my full support.

F J Manns. I never liked him and he would be a total loser playing in NFFC.

Roger Gonzalez

RODAY

Post by RODAY » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:34 am

Greg has been a solidly mustached, at times bearded and always honorable leader for all the time I've participated and mostly lost in the NFC. He's also been a very generous and thoughtful partner to both myself and Connor's Cure through the V Foundation with our Sack Cancer leagues. He and Tom will come through this because they'll do the right thing and make their business better. We wake up everyday in a country divided. This is a wonderful opportunity for a community to come together and support a couple dudes we believe in. I will happily draft my NFBC Main Event team in March, feel good about it and then finish 10th in my league. Happily. Hang in there, fellas. This too shall pass.

Roday Rodriguez