Geoff Stein Joins SportsHub And The NFFC/NFBC

Greg Ambrosius

Geoff Stein Joins SportsHub And The NFFC/NFBC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:41 pm

We are extremely proud to announce today that Geoff Stein has joined SportsHub Games Network and the NFFC/NFBC division!!! :D

Geoff is a 20-year veteran of this industry who actually worked with me and Tom at Fanball from 2010-11. He has managed the high-stakes Fantasy Championship with RT Sports and My Fantasy League for the last 10 years and knows many of you. He's also been an NFFC and NFBC player in the past, but those days are OVER!!! :lol:

Geoff, 40, lives with his wife and 3-year-old girl in Ravenna, Michigan and will become our new Swiss Army Knife. When the company asked for his title, I told them Swiss Army Knife and everyone agreed. Okay, maybe he's the Fantasy Games Manager at SportsHub Games Network, but Geoff can do everything that we need here and he is the perfect fit. He comes with an impeccable reputation and many of you have likely worked with him before either at MyFantasyLeague.com or at the Fantasy Championship.

Geoff started his career working at MockDraftCentral.com before joining us at Fanball in 2010. When Fanball was getting ready to dissolve, Geoff and I went to the Fantasy Sports Trade Conference in Las Vegas in February of 2011 to look for jobs!! We even shared a Flamingo room because we were too poor to stay at the host hotel (ironically, the Mirage). I got inducted into the FSWA Hall of Fame that weekend, did a deal with STATS to keep the NFBC/NFFC alive. Geoff met with Mike Hall at MyFantasyLeague.com and we both left with new jobs!!! What a ride it's been.

Geoff has been at MFL.com for almost 13 years now and we couldn't have found a more perfect replacement to join us. He will be involved in everything we do and he will be our night owl to cover online drafts and help to fill them. He will be joining us in Las Vegas for the live NFBC drafts in Las Vegas and will be starting on Monday.

Geoff has seen what has happened here and he understands what he is walking into. He also trusts Tom and myself and knows what we can all do together with this great fantasy sports community. I can't speak for him, but I know he's excited for the challenge ahead.

Let's all give Geoff a BIG WELCOME and let's all get back to drafting and having fun again. We have to live with the stain that was just created and make sure nothing like that ever happens again, but we have a bright future with Geoff on the team. Thanks all and say hi to Geoff.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Re: Geoff Stein Choices SportsHub And The NFFC/NFBC

Post by kjduke » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:50 pm

Good hire Greg! Nice to have another familiar face and fantasy guy onboard that many of us have dealt with in the past.

GeoffreySteinNFC

Re: Geoff Stein Joins SportsHub And The NFFC/NFBC

Post by GeoffreySteinNFC » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:44 pm

Thank you, Greg, for the wonderful introduction ... or should I say reintroduction?

My first order of business is to officially apologize that I am unable to join the baseball leagues any longer. Things just got a little bit tougher for everyone even though 2024 was set to be my year.

It is an honor to be back with Greg, Tom and a group of behind the scenes individuals who I have nothing but the highest of respect for. There is obviously a lot of work to be done -- it has been a crazy week. And to be frank, I wouldn't be here if a lot of the biggest work to be done didn't exist.

As Greg mentioned, I left a full-time job in the Fantasy Sports industry -- of which there aren't many of, and which 99 percent of the population would love to have -- to take this opportunity. As the sole provider for my beautiful wife and 3-year-old, it wasn't an easy decision to make. But I believe in what these contests were, are, and have the potential to be. I believe in Greg and Tom as I know what these contests mean to them from our days as coworkers and my days as a customer. I believe in what these contests mean to the customers who trust us by coming back each and every year. I wouldn't be typing this message right now if I even had 1 percent doubt.

I very much look forward to seeing everyone in the draft lobby, draft room and in Vegas -- I've missed this place! If I can be of help in any way feel free to email me: [email protected] (don't forget that R in the middle) or give me a text/call: 231.903.5042.

GeoffreySteinNFC

Re: Geoff Stein Choices SportsHub And The NFFC/NFBC

Post by GeoffreySteinNFC » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:44 pm

kjduke wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:50 pm
Good hire Greg! Nice to have another familiar face and fantasy guy onboard that many of us have dealt with in the past.
Thanks, KJ! Looking forward to working with you again.

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Geoff Stein Joins SportsHub And The NFFC/NFBC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:22 am

I know it's been a crazy week, but one very good thing happened in the last week: WE HIRED GEOFF STEIN!!!

Tom and I just spent a full day in person with Geoff getting him up to speed on our software, on managing and watching drafts, on his new duties and I can't believe how lucky we are to have Geoff back on the NFC team.

You just don't find a person who has been doing what we need someone to do for the last 20 years that quickly.

You just don't find someone who basically ran a competing high-stakes fantasy football contest for the last 10 years and plug him right into this similar role.

You just don't find someone who has been doing what we have been doing and can provide fresh, new ideas to make our product better immediately.

You just don't find someone with customer service skills that fits perfectly into what we've been doing for the last 20 years and can keep our customers serviced and happy.

You just don't find the PERFECT PERSON to replace someone else. And you certainly don't do that in a couple of days. I mean, we were lucky to hire Geoff last Thursday and he started on the job on Monday. By Wednesday, after a full day of meetings with Tom and myself, he's already up to speed and capable of doing everything we need.

That just doesn't happen.

BUT IT DID!!!

Welcome aboard Geoff. You are the perfect hire at the right time. Now let's get to work and get these contests rolling in the right direction. I'm extremely excited again and I know Geoff and Tom feel the exact same way. Here we go.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius