22 or 23 team roster

kim456

22 or 23 team roster

Post by kim456 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:08 pm

this subject has been brought up before - so let's try it again
i would like the 23 players on a team roster - here are my thoughts
INJURIES to start with - 2023 was a bad year for qb,rb,te
free agent money was burned up quickly trying to keep healthy players on the roster and dealing with bye weeks for alot of teams
some teams had a hard time starting a competive lineup due to injuries and bye weeks
we are now in an age in fantasy football where 2 rb,s per nfl team are the norm
(timeshare) and somrtimes 3 are used per game
- thus a fantasy team owner needs to carry extra rb,s - sometimes one needs to keep the 2 from the same team - then face bye week hell
te,s - 2 te sets are the norm now - yes there are a few good ones as with the rb position - but a team needs at least 3 te,s on the roster
extra qb;rb;te needed - 20 players are not enough now - the nfl has changed
more depth needed per roster - thus the call for a 23 round draft
thoughts -- thanks

eliasond

Re: 22 or 23 team roster

Post by eliasond » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:08 am

I think 20 player rosters are fine for the regular lineup based leagues. The waiver wire is already pretty bleak all season, especially at RB. Adding roster spots would make it even worse.

However, I would be in favor of expanding the Guillotine rosters a bit. A 6-player bench is just not enough to account for byes and injuries happening at the same time. It's not fun having to drop a really good player because he's on a bye and I need to fill my starting lineup that week. And getting through a 4-week playoff with a 6-player bench was extremely difficult this year with all the injuries. I think 18 would be better. If that's too radical a change, perhaps a compromise would be a 16-player rosters during the Guillotine regular season and expand to 18 right before the playoffs. That might make sense for a Guillotine league because the waiver wire pool is so loaded by then with players worthy of being on a roster.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion