Jermichael Finley

BillyWaz

Jermichael Finley

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am

Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers
Jermichael Finley could be planning to argue that he's a wide receiver if he's franchise tagged, a source tells ProFootballTalk.com.
The projected franchise number for tight ends next season is about $5.5 million. The number for receivers is expected to be around $9.5 million. Finley certainly has a case as he is used as a "move" tight end, lining up in the slot and out wide more often than not. PFT's Mike Florio points out that in 2008 Terrell Suggs argued he was a defensive end, not a linebacker. The two sides ended up agreeing to a hybrid label and franchise number.

I thought this was interesting, and the first thing that popped into my head, was "wow, if he were a WR, where would he go in a fantasy draft?"

Seeing that Jennings is the clear #1 in this offense, if Finley was a WR, I am guessing he would be like a 5th rounder?

Just felt like starting a discussion. ;)

Tom Kessenich

Jermichael Finley

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:56 am

Finley is averaging 12.2 points per game in the NFFC. That would rank him 29th among WRs,
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikenj46

Jermichael Finley

Post by mikenj46 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:45 am

Even at a 5th rounder that doesn't change his ADP that much. If I remember correctly, his ADP was mid 4th round anyway? The position change doesn't change his draft status much.

I think the bigger question is how HIGH would he be drafted if he was on a team where he was the number 1 target. I think that's the only thing keeping him from being a monsther in fantasy, with all those weapons Rodgers simply doesn't have to throw him the ball. Otherwise I think he could absolutely be what Gates has been all these years.