Nate Ravitz Chats Here Today

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:57 am

Hey folks, we're pleased to welcome Nate Ravitz from RotoTimes.com to our Message Boards for the first of our "celebrity" chat sessions. Nate is not only a well-respected industry vet but he's also a participant in both our NFFC and NFBC events. So let's get started with today's chat. Nate has already answered one question beforehand:

Nate, what effect do you think the loss of LeCharles Bentley, will have on Reuben Droughns' production this year?

"It's hard to overstate the loss of a Pro Bowl center, but Bentley wasn't in Cleveland when Droughns rushed for 1,200+ yards last year, and the Cleveland line will still be better than in '05 with the addition of Kevin Schaffer. Regardless, the key for Droughns will be the play of Charlie Frye and, to a lesser extent, Kellen Winslow. They need to give the Browns a semblance of a passing game or Droughns will be in real trouble."

And here's another question for you Nate:

NateDog - Would you be surprised if Caddy Williams was a top 5 RB at the end of the season (NFFC scoring of course)?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Appleman

Post by Appleman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:03 am

Nate, what is your forcast for Carson Palmer this year? What about the output of other Bengals if he can't go the 1st few weeks?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:06 am

Early reports out of Denver seem to indicate Walker is looking good. What kind of numbers are you forecasting for him this year?

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:06 am

What's up Nate? Thanks for doing this.

Couple questions....

Can you envision Clinton's receptions going up due to Al Saunders O? I see a 50-60 reception season coming.

Take your pick and why.....

Andre Johnson vs. Roy Williams

Drew Bennett vs. Deion Branch

Chris Simms vs. David Carr

Mark Clayton vs. Kevin Curtis

Alex Smith vs. Jeb Putzier

And lastly, will Grammatica beat out Gostkowski?

BTW, what's up with your NFBC team??

Thanks.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:07 am

Okay, I'm here now. Sorry for the delay.

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:09 am

On Tom's question.

I think Caddy Williams has a shot to go into next season as a top 5 back, but not an especially good shot. NFFC scoring only hurts him. As long as Michael Pittman is around, I don't see Caddy matching the receptions of the other top backs.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:09 am

Ok, one more....do you think the "other Bell" could be a major sleeper this year in Denver? Saw he's already overtaken Cobbs, whom many were high on. Could he be the next RB who produces due to the scheme?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

NateRavitz

Post by NateRavitz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:10 am

To Appleman:

I have Palmer projected about 5-10 percent below where my projections would have been had he never been hurt. I'm confident his injury will be a non-issue this season. He's looked very good so far, and it's not like he runs around a lot. The cast arround him is so good that the Bengals should be able to protect him well.

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:11 am

How do you think Kevin Jones will fare this year? So far he's been a huge bust. Also what about Chris Brown?
Bauler Shot Caller