Leagues And Draft Positions To Be Announced Today

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:45 am

Okay, here's a friendly reminder that we will begin posting the league assignments and draft positions in each league today after lunch. I'm not telling which time zone that lunch will be as I'm basically covering my a-- just in case something falls apart. Could be lunch in New York, could be lunch in Iola, could be lunch in Tokyo tomorrow! :D :D

But seriously, we are prepared to move forward with full leagues in each city and we will begin the draft process after a few morning meetings and finalizing the attendee lists with the weekend signups. I can't tell you how pleased I am that we are having full leagues in each city as we'll finish with 84 participants in New York (6 full leagues), 84 participants in Las Vegas (6 full leagues) and 56 participants in Chicago (4 full leagues). We will finalize the last signups in each city this morning and start picking the leagues.

I want everyone to know that Tom Kessenich is picking the names out of a hat and I'm just an innocent bystander!!! :D Buy him beers if you like your draft positions or threaten him in New York if you're disappointed! ;) Honestly, right now all of the draft spots look good and I think you can win from any spot. Your picks in the last half of the draft are probably as important as your first two picks, anyway.

The revised prize structure for 224 teams that has been approved by all NFFC owners other than two at this point are as follows:

LEAGUE PRIZES
First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $1,500
Third Place: $500

OVERALL PRIZES
Overall Grand Champion: $100,000
Second Place Overall: $15,000
Third Place Overall: $7,500
Fourth Place Overall: $2,500
Fifth Place Overall: free entry in 2005 NFFC
Sixth Place Overall: free entry in 2005 NFFC
Seventh Place Overall: free entry in 2005 NFFC
Eighth Place Overall: free entry in 2005 NFFC

CONSOLATION ROUND
Consolation Champion: $2,500
Consolation Round Runnerup: $1,500
Consolation Round Third Place: free entry in 2005 NFFC
Consolation Round Fourth Place: free entry in 2005 NFFC

DRAFT MASTERS AND AUCTION LEAGUES
First Place: $4,000
Second Place: $1,750
Third Place: $550

I am going to list each of the league assignments on the League Forum and let all of you introduce yourselves to each other privately there. No sense bogging down the General NFFC Discussion threads here. I will post on this thread which league has just been selected to give everyone a heads up, but check that Forum today for the league assignments. In fact, I'll put the Las Vegas Auction League and Draft Masters League there now. We'll list the league assignments one by one and make everyone sweat it out to see when their name will appear. Should be a fun, fun day.

If somehow we have left you out of an event (we did that to Dyv in the NFBC, only to correct ourselves later!) or have the wrong principal owner's name or anything else wrong, please bring it to my attention ASAP.

Okay, that's enough of that. Time to get back to the slips of paper and start picking the draft positions. I'll be flying to Las Vegas tomorrow and out of touch for awhile, but Tom is available all day Tuesday and Wednesday and I'll check e-mails from the road. See you at Draft Day and have safe travels.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:44 am

I just ate lunch. I know 10:43AM is a bit early for lunch, but I figured maybe if I ate lunch early I could get my pick early....?

Pete