Zeid & Sloan Win NFFC Ultimate League Title

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:38 am

The tag team of Brian Zeid and Jerry Sloan of Aurora, Ohio won the NFFC Ultimate League title by winning three straight h2h games in the playoffs. FUPayMe won $30,000 by defeating Garrett Lerner's Ultimate Losers 144.8-131.85 in Week 16. Garrett finishes with $15,000 for his runnerup finish and Peter Berall won $7,000 for finishing third. Berall beat Frank Heron 146.6-142.5 in the third place game.

FUPayMe was the fourth seed heading into the playoffs and then went on a roll, defeating The Pale King 163.35-90.75 in Week 14, top-seed MIAMI CANES 177.9-96.9 in Week 15 and then the second-seed Ultimate Losers 144.8-131.85. Great playoff run guys.

Now I know why Brian wanted to keep the Ultimate League alive this year!!! :D This is a great, great group of owners and I'm glad we could fill and complete this 7th annual Ultimate League. It was a fantastic finish to a fantastic season. Great job everyone and great job Brian and Jerry.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:47 am

Congratulations guys. Way to keep an event going and then go out and win it. That's sweet justice.

Noose

Post by Noose » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:12 am

Well done FUPayMe. Good job of drafting and also spared from major injury troubles.

MIAMI CANES were in best position to take it down, but when lengthy injuries occur to your top 3 picks out of 6 first rounds, its a tough fantasy life. Especially the way Britt started out the season, he woulda put up pretty sick points by the end of the season. That was a bad beat, as was Fred Jackson going down. Nobody expected him to be as good as he was though... one could've predicted McFadden's injury though, that's the risk you run drafting a guy as brittle as him.

After few weeks it was pretty clear that the other strong team was Ultimate Losers which finished 2nd in the end... now it's easy to say how huge steal Rodgers was at the middle of the second round. Scored 14p/wk more than Roethlisberger on week average, and I never would've thought the gap between a 1st tier and 2-3 tier woulda been that huge. Massive season for fantasy quarterbacks all in all, and now I think it was a mistake waiting on them until the 6th or later rounds. But I guess that was better than counting on Rivers week in, week out.

It was my first season playing NFFC and I had a blast. Made a ton of mistakes and played a bit too conservative, but learned a bunch and already looking forward to next season. Was in contention for the best record until the last week, but needed things to happen and didn't even win my own game, so made the playoffs just barely.

I had Matt Forte go down to begin the playoffs, but gave it a ride against Philbys and finally it was down to MNF game in which I had Seahawks D and Philbys Marshawn Lynch. Held around 10p lead until the last 5 minutes, but Rams scored and cut my lead down to four or so... Lynch played the garbage time and finally went on to score the winning touchdown. FUPayMe can send his best to the Seahawks, since without that loss I would've faced Canes in semi's and went on to win the championship.

Oh well, there's always the next new season. All in all the drafting was amazingly solid in my books, not a lot of reaches and people very often taking the guy I would've at their turn... very well done.

Good game guys, see you next season. Hopefully in NYC or Vegas, we'll see how things turn out.

[ December 28, 2011, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Riku ]