Braylon Edwards to the J E T S

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 am

Fantasy implications....?

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:18 am

As a cotchery and keller owner I'm not that thrilled about it.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:24 am

Just some quick observations.....

- I agree with Chris that it hurts both Cotchery and Keller, along with Leon, as he may not get as many dumpoffs (only one ball). For me, Keller is the #2 on many of my teams, and I have started him over "better" options due to matchups. This trade will now keep his ass planted on my bench. So this actually HELPS me. :D

- I think this KILLS any value that Derek Anderson has. The Browns have definitely taken a step back on offense with this move.

- M.Mossoquoi should be a hot pickup this week, but now HE is gonna be the one getting the constant double teams. Last week, he wasn't paid attention to, now he will get ALL the attention. Can he produce??? I expect bids to be ALL OVER THE PLACE trying to answer that question.

- Most importantly, how does Braylon handle the "Big Apple" media?? I personally think it might be a bit much. On the other hand, he is now playing with a winner, the talent has ALWAYS been there, so maybe he flourishes??

Gotta love this game! :D

[ October 07, 2009, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:26 am

I don't see this hurting Cotchery at all. If anything, I think it helps him by taking away constant double teams.

I think it helps Massoquoi (sp?) and Stuckey too.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

flex

Post by flex » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:32 am

I don't think massoquoi warrants double coverage yet so he should be productive for the next couple of weeks at least.

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:52 am

I do not think THIS hurts Massoquoi as much as the fact his team is horrible... He plays a brutal schedule... He has a below average QB throwing him the ball who will be getting brutalized... Eventually when they have 8 losses the other QB will be brought in to see what he has and the passing game will get worse.

Bids will be super high on Massoquoi with the thinking he is suddenly the #1 in cleveland due to having a miracle game last week. They (the Browns) are obviously in "we need to see what we have here" mode and I do not expect much dependable production from any one player from this unit going forward.

[ October 07, 2009, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:50 am

What about Stuckey? I think he was in danger of losing his job. Upgrade or downgrade in Cleveland?
I think up. Clowney can't be too happy though. He deserved to get a shot.

So they traded Stuckey, still have Clowney,and now the Jets have Goofy (Braylon) and Dopey (Mangini).

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 am

Browns I mean....

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:03 am

OVER/UNDER BEFORE BRAYLON HITS THE POLICE BLOTTER IN CRAZY NEW YORK? - 42 DAYS.