Late Request for a Rules Change

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:43 am

I've been thinking about this one for a few years now, but for some reason I've waited until today to mention it.

I think that the prize money distribution for the top 4 is patently unfair. I believe that the "champion" gets an unreasonably high % of the prize money, when we all know that it is much harder to finish in places 2-4 than first place.

Greg -- how about $40k for the "champion" and $39k and $21k for the guys who do the real work and finish 2nd or 3rd?

It's not a deal-breaker for me, but I think it just makes the prize distribution a little more "fair" without overcompensating the "champion".
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:28 am

Lee: Speaking as a person that finished 4th Overall last season and cashing an additonal check for $2,500 I can understand your stance.

However, being in the hunt for a payday like $100,000 is what drives me to play this game. Sure, I felt like I deserved a bit more at the end last year but it was worth the shot at 100K. I wouldn't change a thing. Just my 2 cents - but an interesting topic.

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:04 pm

I was just angling for some extra dough when it became clear that #1 was out of reach.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

gerard

Post by gerard » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:27 pm

this is not a good thing if you reduce the 1 st place money you will loose god knows how many teams next year if anything we should increase the money
gerard

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:37 pm

hey lee/ico,
show some F'n class you bum. ico - you've been a money grubb'n ***** since the start. just an fyi - you're school shooting comment sealed your fate. no 100K for you. you can try again next year. fisher - make sure you thank ico for the bad karma. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Lee Scoresby:
I've been thinking about this one for a few years now, but for some reason I've waited until today to mention it.
I'm pretty sure that reason is that you are going to finish 2nd or 3rd in the NFFC. :rolleyes:

Great accomplishment, but be grateful for what you get.