Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:51 am

Yes it's waaaay too early to be talking about this but for those of us NOT in the playoffs, what else are we going to do??? My questions is, what do you do with these guys next year? Where do you see them being drafted?

Aaron Rodgers - obviously first round, but how high?

Victor Cruz - one year wonder or is he the real deal? Where would you take him?

Jimmy Graham - he's putting up what would be very strong WR1 numbers this year. I know some like to wait at TE but he could hit 300 points this year?

Miles Austin - Will Laurent steal catches from him moving forward or will Miles reclaim his spot?

Reggie Wayne - assuming Peyton is back, where does he go?

Those are just a few of the guys that I have been thinking about for 2012. Since my first draft starts in exactly 60 days from today, I have some work to do! :D :eek:

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 am

As of today, I'd go:

Rodgers - Top 6. I'm a RB guy so I'd probably take a stud RB over him but no way is he falling past me at 6 if the RBs are gone and he's there.

Cruz - late first to mid second. He's the real deal.

Graham - late second. No. 1 TE in the game.

Austin - late second to mid third. He's still a stud talent and Romo trusts him.

Wayne - fifth round or so. I think he can be a Top 20 WR with a healthy Manning. I'd compare him to where guys like Boldin and Lloyd went this season.

Here's one - if Chris Johnson continues to close out the season in impressive fashion will you take him in the first round next year?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:27 am

Tom,

I"m not sure I could pull the trigger this high, but after Foster, McCoy, and possibly Rice, there isn't anyone else that is as much of a game changer as Rodgers. Maybe top 4????

I bet Graham may go higher than late second. Especially if he hits 300 points this year. If he was a WR we would definitely earmark him as a first rounder.

Austin - I was guessing mid 3rd to mid 4th just due to the risk of losing his spot in the offense. He definitely has competition for looks.

Wayne - I was thinking 5th to 6th. I probably won't take him there but that's where I think he might go.

I'm personally not touching Chris Johnson in the first round next year. It doesn't matter to me how he finishes. I just don't want any part of that roller coaster.

Wayne

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:36 am

What if Wayne isn't a colt then where does he go?Does he have a lot left in that tank?
Reggie Wayne said it's "50-50" if he'll be back with the Colts in 2012.
Wayne, who turned 33 earlier this month, will be a free agent after this season. "I'm not going to make it easy on them," he said. Although Wayne has obviously been crippled by Peyton Manning's injury, his separation skills are rapidly eroding as well. If he plays hardball, we wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts let him walk.
I am thinking 10th rounder

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Tom,

I"m not sure I could pull the trigger this high, but after Foster, McCoy, and possibly Rice, there isn't anyone else that is as much of a game changer as Rodgers. Maybe top 4????
I'm a stud RB guy so it would be tough for me to pass on Foster, Peterson, Rice or McCoy. I'm about 99.9% sure I'd take one of them over Rodgers. I'd probably take Forte over him too although I might think about that due to Forte's decline the past month. But I still think he's an elite talent and if I can get an elite RB that's very tough for me to pass on.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:46 am

Where does Cam Newton go?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:50 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Where does Cam Newton go? First Round!!!

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:51 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Where does Cam Newton go? I'll say this - if at all possible next season I want to get one of the following QBs:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Peyton (if healthy)
Newton
Stafford
Rivers (I really think he's hurt and will bounce back next season)

There are a few guys I'd be happy with on the next tier such as Romo, Roethlisberger, Eli, Vick, Tebow (assuming he's still the starter) and Schaub but I'd really like one of the seven I listed at the top. I've said for the past couple of years that I believe stud QBs carry so much value in all fantasy leagues so if I can get one that's what I want to do.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:55 am

Originally posted by Who?:
What if Wayne isn't a colt then where does he go?Does he have a lot left in that tank?
Reggie Wayne said it's "50-50" if he'll be back with the Colts in 2012.
Wayne, who turned 33 earlier this month, will be a free agent after this season. "I'm not going to make it easy on them," he said. Although Wayne has obviously been crippled by Peyton Manning's injury, his separation skills are rapidly eroding as well. If he plays hardball, we wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts let him walk.
I am thinking 10th rounder I completely agree! If Wayne isn't a Colt next year then I see him as 2012's Ocho Cinco. To make things even worst, I would have to buy a new Colts Jersey next year!

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:16 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Wayne - fifth round or so. I think he can be a Top 20 WR with a healthy Manning. I'd compare him to where guys like Boldin and Lloyd went this season.
Oh jeez, here we go again! :eek:

Wayne, are you doing this to me on purpose??? :D