New York must be the best (weakest)

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:40 am

Place to draft from?
Is it because I'm(Raiders) drafting there?

But correct me if I'm wrong,
Purple Helmets is flying over both Vegas and Chicago to come to NYC.
He could have gone to Tampa were the weather will be nicer.

So what is it? NYC is not as loaded as Vegas or Chicago?

I'm sure Purple Helmets will say my wife or my family, this or that. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you want to be in the League I'm in, since it's my first time and all. ;) :D

Of course you don't want to go to Tampa and be in Snakes League. :cool:

[ June 30, 2007, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:08 am

New York is absolutely LOADED this year!

5 of the top 11 LIFETIME standings owners will be there (including the top 2 - Glenn Schroter and Michael Edelman) along with many other well known fantasy football studs (2004 champ Mark Srebro, Don Thompson, Eddie Gillis, Marc Quitsch, Lou Tranquilli, Rick Wiegan, Dave Zwickel, Ed O Donnell, etc. etc. - sorry if I left anyone off :( )

One of the reasons Johnny Frisella (who is a great player!) is most likely not coming to NYC is because he knows the odds of winning his league and/or the "whole enchilada" are MUCH better somewhere else (namely Tampa).

I can't blame him for that, but I want to go against the best (and be in the Diesel "late-nighter"), and to be the best, you have to beat the best, and it appears that NYC will have the most "big hitters" this year!

That certainly doesn't mean someone like you (Raiders) or Purple Helmets can't come in and do well, but there is no doubt that MANY of the PROVEN players will be in the "Big Apple" this year!

Look forward to meeting you! :D

[ June 30, 2007, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:48 am

ha, some people decide which city they're going to draft in based on how weak the competition will be there? interesting draft strategy.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:52 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
ha, some people decide which city they're going to draft in based on how weak the competition will be there? interesting draft strategy. If you are referring to Johnny, there are also other reasons he does not want to draft in NYC, and I was just using that as an example.

He has friends in Tampa, and why not walk into a room where you think you are the best???

Again, I don't blame him, I just want to go to NYC for a multitude of reasons.

To each their own..... :D

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:47 am

I'm actually going to tie the NFFC main draft in NYC into almost a week long vacation...with the primary reason being that I'm going to visit my oldest brother and my only two nephews who I haven't seen in many years.

In regards to the competition itself, I actually find the best part of the event getting to meet many of the owners who you compete against, especially those who post on the message board throughout the year.

I'll be drafting in Vegas for the WCOFF drafts and thought going to NYC (again, with a visit to my brother, some U.S. Open tennis, etc.) would give me a chance to meet some of the "big guns" in this fantasy competition that I may not get to meet in Vegas during the WCOFF weekend. Now I need to seriously start thinking about how many of the NFFC drafts to participate in...was trying to keep my overall number of leagues down this year but I'm finding that tough.

Diesel's diehard league seems to be the first one I need to decide on...regardless, for those I have yet to meet, looking forward to doing so in a couple of months. For those I have met, looking forward to more fun...
Living the dream!

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Agreed, I'm looking forward to meeting many of the people on this board. I hope there is more time/entertainment at the NYC Draft this year. I've been there twice and met just a few people.
( I told Fisher he had a great draft after last years)
And there was a guy, I'm sorry I can't remember his name who told me I F'd up my draft when I took Ahaman Green in the 6th Round...

But not many more than that. Hope to say hello to many and throw a few back with you all.

As far as the "tough" competition? I guess it could be viewed as that. I also would BTW add Nags name to that group;
but tough just equals prepared!

Yours in total prepration,

3'

[ June 30, 2007, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
ha, some people decide which city they're going to draft in based on how weak the competition will be there? interesting draft strategy. If you are referring to Johnny, there are also other reasons he does not want to draft in NYC, and I was just using that as an example.

He has friends in Tampa, and why not walk into a room where you think you are the best???

Again, I don't blame him, I just want to go to NYC for a multitude of reasons.

To each their own..... :D
[/QUOTE]Hold up a second here. Let me clear something up...

#1- My first choice to draft would be NYC. Love the people that I have met there over the past three years. Have had some great times there. But Would rather not go there and draft with Eddie Gillis. And no it's not because I think He is a good drafter.lol. And even that is not my main reason for not wanting to draft there.

Im sick of going to NYC to draft because Im sick of the city. Plain and simple. It has nothing to do with Not wanting to face the guys drafting in NYC. I have won the Auction there. I have cashed in third in the DC, I have won Main events from the #1 spot as well as the 14 hole. All in the Big apple....lol :D

Anyways, I would prefer to check out somewhere new on my NFFC vacation this year. Who knows I might draft in NYC...lol But Im hoping to go to either Vegas or Tampa. I do think you will have a better chance for the $100,000 in Tampa. But that is not my reason for wanting to draft somewhere new.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:56 am

i'll be in NYC this year myself..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:32 am

I'll be in New York running the show there. What more incentive could one be looking for to go there? :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'll be in New York running the show there. What more incentive could one be looking for to go there? :D Good to hear...for some reason I thought you were running the show in Chicago.

If enough NY owners/participants are willing to get together on Saturday night, let us know if you'd be willing to organize something informal that evening...thanks.
Living the dream!