Who's Coming To The NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:03 am

We gladly welcome our 53rd team from the National Fantasy Baseball Championship to our gridiron contest as James Bores of Flemington, New Jersey has signed up for the NFFC's main event at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. James is currently second in his NFBC league and hoping to earn a little money over there. He has the $100,000 grand prize in sight for football and is looking forward to the draft. Thanks for trusting in us again James and best of luck in the hunt for the league and overall grand prizes.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:07 am

We're inching closer to the finish line for 15 full leagues as another registrant was secured this morning. Let's give it up for Ken St. George, who just signed up for the NFFC's main event at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Ken is new to our family of high stakes events and we welcome him with open arms. Thanks for trusting in us Ken and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and the $100,000 grand prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:53 am

I like the East Coast guys signing up at the last minute and driving to the New York Hilton for our big draft. Let's give it up for Frank Mammola of Danbury, Connecticut, who is teaming up with Greg Zaccaria to compete in the NFFC's main event at the Hilton. Frank heard about the NFFC recently through another NFFC member, so thanks for that word of mouth advertising. Anyway, thanks guys for trusting in the NFFC and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:06 am

This is after the fact, but we welcome the tag team of Emmett and Jim Ruland to the Las Vegas Draft Masters League as they filled the final spot today in that league, allowing us to pick the draft order earlier today. Emmett and Jim are also NFBC guys, so thanks again guys for your support. Best of luck in the hunt for this $4,000 league prize as well.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:18 am

We're going to blow right past this week's original goal of 210 teams and then some thanks to another strong day of NFFC signups. These next two signups do my heart good as they come from guys off Highway 54, about 45 minutes from our offices in Iola, Wisconsin. First let's welcome Dave Buser of Wisconsin Rapids, who has just signed up for the NFFC's main event at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Dave is a serious fantasy player who has competed in the WCOFF the last two years and will be out there again the weekend after our event. Thanks for adding us to your fantasy football shopping cart, Dave, and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

Also driving down to Chicago with Dave is Larry Grabowski of Wisconsin Rapids, who also is a serious fantasy football player. Larry is drafting alone in the main event and with any luck we might be able to convince him and Dave to team up for an Auction League team in Chicago. I'll do my best sales pitch on them over the weekend. Anway, thanks Larry for also trusting in this Cheesehead company of ours and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:48 am

We're happy to announce our 208th NFFC member to the main event as Glenn Schroter of Auburndale, New York and James Hogan have agreed to compete at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. Glenn is our 54th member of the National Fantasy Baseball Championship to join our gridiron contest as he was in the AL Auction League and the NFBC's main event in March. A family function was preventing him from making it to the NFFC draft, but somehow, someway Glenn talked his way out of that. Anyway, welcome to the growing NFFC family guys and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:43 am

Okay, we now have 12 for the combined New York-Chicago Draft Masters League as Nathan Noy has agreed to draft on Friday, Sept. 3rd at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott. I believe we now have seven in Chicago and five in New York. We would start the phone hookup at 1 p.m. in New York and noon in Chicago. I know of at least one more new team interested in doing all three events, so we're starting to look good. Nathan is already signed up for the NFFC's main event, so thanks for adding this to your shopping cart and best of luck in the hunt for this $4,000 league prize.

Okay, if my math is right, we have 12 for that combined Draft Masters League and 11 for a Chicago-Las Vegas Auction League. Could be fun.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:32 am

I will get to all of the names of the new signups in a few minutes, but we are currently working on a 16th league and I'm confident we will fill that by Monday morning. Anyone who is interested in signing up, contact me at 715-445-4612, ext. 284. I was not in the office this morning, but I am working now and returning phone messages to everyone who called. I can tell you that we are past 210 already and moving toward 224. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:39 am

Let's welcome our 209th member of the NFFC, a team that was on the fence for a long, long time. The crazy thing is that this team kept talking to me on the phone and telling me they were on the fence! :confused: Everytime I called they said they were coming to Chicago for sure, but they had to finalize the makeup of the team. They finally have done it as Peter Frantelli and Mark Szumilo of Chicago have agreed to participate in the NFFC's main event at the Oakbrook Marriott on Saturday, Sept. 4th. They may have another silent partner, but I'll keep it quiet on that one. Anyway, we're glad to officially welcome you guys into the NFFC and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and the $100,000 grand prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:44 am

I apologize for not being in the office this morning, but there was this little job of reintroducing myself to the kids that took a few hours of quality time. I apologize for not being present for the phone calls today, but sometimes you have to put the homefront ahead of work.

That being said, I'm going to introduce Byron Chichka as our 210th member of the NFFC. I don't know where Byron is from, where he's drafting at, what the spelling of his last name is, or even if he was a fence sitter before today as I just have a phone message from him and my return call got his answering machine. But this trusting man left me his credit card number as he DEFINITELY wanted to be in the NFFC and anyone more trusting than me earns this final spot. I'll give you more details on Byron once we hook up, but the payment arrived before the contact info and in my book he's in! :D