Who's Coming To The NFFC?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:07 am

We're glad to welcome our 55th member from the National Fantasy Baseball Championship back to our gridiron event as Chris Fleming of Totowa, New Jersey is guaranteed a spot in this year's NFFC. Chris will be drafting with Michael Davis at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. I say he's guaranteed a spot because if we fall short of a 16th league he can definitely fill in for the one NFFC member who wants a refund because the prize structure was changed. Chris, who had the No. 1 pick in the NFBC and whose brother also had the No. 1 pick in the NFBC (sorry, both are out of the money right now!!) is glad to get in at the last minute and we're happy to have him. Thanks for trusting in us again and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:42 am

I knew a private e-mail to my baseball guys would get their attention and sure enough we have our 56th member from the National Fantasy Baseball Championship jumping into the gridiron contest. Gerry Scotto di Marco of Allison Park, Pennsylvania competed in the Chicago NFBC draft and will return to the NFFC, hoping for even better results. Thanks Gerry for trusting in us once again and thanks for having the confidence in us to fill this 16th league. We'll get it done, trust me.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:49 am

I'm very happy to welcome our 57th member from the National Fantasy Baseball Championship back for our football event as Vegas Gamblers of Columbia, Maryland is going to join us on Saturday, Sept. 4th for the main event. It just wouldn't be the same contest if Vegas Gamblers and Gordon Gekko didn't have a chance to fight it out on the Message Boards and on the playing field. :D Welcome back VG and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize. Oh, and thanks for trusting in us a second time.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:32 am

Damn, I haven't had this much fun since my wedding night! :D :D (two Graemlins needed). Let's give it up for Larry Franco of Plantation, Florida, who just signed up for the NFFC's main event at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. Larry comes highly recommended by John Zaleski as he is a long-time Ultimate Fantasy Sports player. Larry's only concern is Hurricane Francis, which is bearing down on the East Coast, but I promised him we have powers to prevent that from hitting on the day he's scheduled to fly out of Miami. Welcome aboard, Larry, and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:09 am

Larry's easily in that Top 10 I referred to earlier. He'll kick GG's butt easily. LOL.

Hope he doesn't wind up in my league.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:36 am

Okay, now we'll officially welcome him. Byron Chichka of Columbus, Ohio will be drafting live at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott on Saturday, Sept. 4th as he called to confirm that I received his voice message today. Thanks Byron and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

This is a crazy thought today, but we are getting very close to exactly full leagues in all three cities. Wouldn't that be unreal if it happened in all three with 224 total participants? Let's get five more in New York and three more in Chicago and it might happen. Thanks everyone for a great day and I will be in the office all day tomorrow. Gotta run for a dinner engagement.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:56 am

John Zaleski--were you in the NFSL (National Fantasy Sports Leagues) several years ago? Your name rings a bell...

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:57 am

John Zaleski--were you in the NFSL (National Fantasy Sports Leagues) several years ago? Your name rings a bell...

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:03 pm

Hi King, I wasn't. Hope John is doing well. We do/did have many of the same customers. I've been so busy with some other opportunities, I have not kept track of how NFSL is doing.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:36 pm

I believe NFSL is defunct. They lost most of their "customers" after they decided not to award cash prizes to the league winners. Instead, 1st place teams received plaques with trading cards of their players. Worst of all, and I'm pretty sure of this, the decision to switch from cash prizes to plaques was made mid-season. To put it mildly: OUCH.

I still can't figure out where I know you (or at least the name John Zaleski) from. When I remember, I'll let you know...