Who's Coming To The NFFC?

nnoy

Post by nnoy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:10 pm

John is the “UFS guy.” I believe he’s also participated in the LABR with Greg and John Hunt. I played in the UFS for a few years, John is correct in his assertion that it is stacked very highly skilled and knowledgeable owners.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:24 pm

To my experience the only way to get dominant players over a long period of time is to have weak players over a long period of time.

In most leagues with veteran gamers, being 'good' is finishing in the top half for 5 yrs.

If the claim is these guys win every league, then it can only be due to bad competition.

Just my 2 pennies - football is 80% luck and 20% skill - and that 20% is good for a top half finish most years.

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:38 pm

Yeah, the LABR draft must be where I've seen John's name. Thanks, Nathan.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:52 pm

We now have 13 teams in the combined Chicago-New York Draft Masters League as Michael Edelman has added that league to his shopping cart. Michael is already competing in the NFFC's main event at the New York Hilton and he's more than happy to add the Draft Masters League on Friday to his weekend of fun. Michael is also a loyal NFBC member, so we appreciate the trust he has put in us. Thanks Michael and best of luck in the hunt for the $4,000 league prize.

That leaves us with 13 for the Draft Masters League and 13 for the New York Auction League. We have one day to find one person in each of those leagues. I have this feeling tomorrow will be a good day in a lot of ways!!! But it will be tough to top today!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:03 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Yeah, the LABR draft must be where I've seen John's name. Thanks, Nathan. Played in LABR 4 years. Was a lot of fun.

I was in AL, Greg in NL.

Greg was a guest at my 1991 (NY) and 1992 (Las Vegas) Owner's Conventions.

And to this day in Vegas, if Greg is within 10 feet of me, I can't lose. Easily up around $4k when he's around over the years.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:10 pm

It's time to start the final day of signups with two more for the NFFC's main event. Let's welcome John Dullaghan of Middletown, New York, who will be drafting at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 4th. John is new to our family of high stakes contests and he will be flying solo at the draft table next Saturday. Welcome aboard John and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize. You beat the deadline and you are assured a spot in a full league. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:14 pm

Also beating the deadline and getting into our sixth full league in New York is Erik Hilligsberg of West Mifflin, Pennsylvania, who also will be drafting alone next Saturday at the New York Hilton. Erik is new to our family of high stakes contests and we welcome him with open arms. Thanks for trusting in us, Erik, and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

I believe we have three spots open in that New York league and then we will stop taking signups for New York. Good luck everyone.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:00 am

Let's welcome our 58th member from the National Fantasy Baseball Championship to our gridiron event as Kevin Rogers of Cape Coral, Florida has just signed up for the NFFC's main event at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. Kevin admits that he's a bigger baseball fan than football fan, but he loves college football and the thought of flying to Las Vegas for the first weekend of college football games and the good pot odds in the NFFC just seemed too good to pass up. Thanks again for trusting in us Kevin and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.

Officially, we have one spot left in Las Vegas, so don't delay. Thanks everyone.

renman

Post by renman » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:19 am

does one have to get a "welcome" here on this thread to know for sure they are in the league?

this will be my first time playing in a higher stakes event... anyone have any tips or info to make the experience a positive and smooth one? other then NOT taking ricky williams in the 1st round from a cheat sheet printed in june?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:27 am

Who am I missing Renman? Shoot me your name in a private e-mail and I'll gladly welcome you. If I forgot to do it, I'll apologize and gladly add you to the list.

Tip No. 1: Don't believe everything these guys tell you. I hate to say it, but not all of them are honest when there's $100,000 on the line!!!