Week 12 Sit/Start

boutrous11

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 am

I've got 1 pickup left in my home league. My tight ends are Gates and Celek. I've been holding my own even with starting Celek the last few weeks, but I've decided to burn my last pickup on a tight end.

Who do you guys like more for the next 5 weeks? Joel Dreesen or Jimmy Graham?

Thanks in advance.

[ November 24, 2010, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]

Eddiejag

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:18 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
I've got 1 pickup left in my home league. My tight ends are Gates and Celek. I've been holding my own even with starting Celek the last few weeks, but I've decided to burn my last pickup on a tight end.

Thanks in advance. I like them both and if Walker from San Fran is aviable like him even a little more with Vernon dinged up and sucking.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Eddiejag

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:21 am

Eli Manning or Shaun Hill
Deion Branch or Mike Williams [Tampa]
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Dyv

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by Dyv » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks in advance. Considering the situations of Daniels & Shockey I wouldn't want to depend on either of them. With Gates on my bench I simply deal with Celek for another week or two and ride Gates for the playoffs. I certainly don't want Graham given the fact Shockey is going to play again this coming week. Dreesen may have 1 week of value and get you through to Gates being back? I'd find another way to spend that last pickup than burning a 1 week questionable Celek upgrade TE to bridge to the return of the best TE in the game.

Of course, all of this is assuming you're in your league's playoffs - if it's a question of even making it I'd burn the pick on Dreesen for 1 week value and go for it.
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by Dyv » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:47 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Deion Branch or Mike Williams [Tampa] Shaun is good for 250 and 2.5 TD's this week, I like him over Manning's non-existent WR corps.

Give me Deion Branch vs. Detroit - 7 receptions for 97 yards and a TD.

[ November 24, 2010, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: Dyv ]

boutrous11

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:03 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:

Thanks in advance. Considering the situations of Daniels & Shockey I wouldn't want to depend on either of them. With Gates on my bench I simply deal with Celek for another week or two and ride Gates for the playoffs. I certainly don't want Graham given the fact Shockey is going to play again this coming week. Dreesen may have 1 week of value and get you through to Gates being back? I'd find another way to spend that last pickup than burning a 1 week questionable Celek upgrade TE to bridge to the return of the best TE in the game.

Of course, all of this is assuming you're in your league's playoffs - if it's a question of even making it I'd burn the pick on Dreesen for 1 week value and go for it.
[/QUOTE]Yeah I have about an 85% chance of making the playoffs at this point. I'm sort of thin at QB (Peyton and Kitna) and WR (Calvin, Austin, Mike Wallace, Lee Evans, Big Mike Williams, Danario) so waiting on the last pickup makes some sense.

I just really really hate Celek and I hate that I'm going to have to start him again this week....

da bears

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by da bears » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 am

quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:

[/QUOTE]Yeah I have about an 85% chance of making the playoffs at this point. I'm sort of thin at QB (Peyton and Kitna) and WR (Calvin, Austin, Mike Wallace, Lee Evans, Big Mike Williams, Danario) so waiting on the last pickup makes some sense.

I just really really hate Celek and I hate that I'm going to have to start him again this week....
[/QUOTE]Yeah I don't blame you. I'm a Gates owner in many leagues and am starting to wonder if he will even play again this regular season?

It doesn't sound like his injury is getting any better despite resting the past few weeks. :(
Bauler Shot Caller

bald is beautiful

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Deion Branch or Mike Williams [Tampa] Shaun is good for 250 and 2.5 TD's this week, I like him over Manning's non-existent WR corps.

Give me Deion Branch vs. Detroit - 7 receptions for 97 yards and a TD.
[/QUOTE]I agree with both.

mattjb

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by mattjb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:46 am

Matt Forte vs Philly or...

Keiland Williams vs Minnesota.

Dyv

Week 12 Sit/Start

Post by Dyv » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:01 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Matt Forte vs Philly or...

Keiland Williams vs Minnesota. Wow, yuck... give me Keiland but flip a coin and blame the coin.

Both have a little pass catching ability but I trust McNabb to make a little more breathing room than Cutler who could get sacked 10 times if he even survives the first half.