WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Gordon Gekko

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:50 am

WCOFF weekly free agent bids are always processed at 8PM (NFFC is at 4pm). For some reason, the WCOFF FAAB ran at 8AM today and players were awarded to teams. Every bid made was emailed to each league owner. This situation looks to get real shitty. How would the NFFC solve this problem if it happened with STATS?

p.s. Greg/Tom - don't answer until the WCOFF decides what to do. ;)
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Quahogs

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Quahogs » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:34 am

In all seriousness that is a bummer. That's some major aggravation no one playing this fun game really needs. I hope they find a suitable resolution.

Q

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:37 am

It's been a bad year for WCOFF.

To those that don't know, a few weeks back, their host server crashed at 12:45pm Sunday. Teams were unable to get lineup changes in, and the site was down all day. There was no way to know for sure who your opponent was starting until sometime on Monday.

Here, you have an almost unwinnable situation where owners who got their bids in early (the deadline is 8pm EST on Friday) have had their bid amounts exposed for all to see. Obviously the bids processed this morning can't stand, yet these "early" owners are penalized in that they'll probably need to amend their bids for much more money than they originally submitted.

The lesson learned here? Make sure your stat company is constantly testing its software, improving its technology and is managed by competent staff. From what I have seen so far, STATS meets these requirements.

Gordon Gekko

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:39 am

A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE (per Xpertsports):

Guys, we can't express enough our frustration that this situation happened. All of our servers synch with a time server each night at 4AM, and for some reason the synch caused them all to go to PM this morning. We are looking into why that happened and will make sure it doesn't happen again.

I've talked to Lenny, and the only solution that we can offer at this point is that all bids that have been run will stand. And we will run another set of bids at the normal time tonight. All player drops that were made this morning will no longer be available for pickup. I will send out an email to everyone to let them know what is happening.

Again, our apologies.

Gordon Gekko

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:39 am

WOW

King of Queens

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:41 am

Holy crap, I can't believe what I just read. This is from a guy at their stat company:

"I've talked to Lenny, and the only solution that we can offer at this point is that all bids that have been run will stand. And we will run another set of bids at the normal time tonight. All player drops that were made this morning will no longer be available for pickup."

Truly remarkable.

renman

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by renman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:45 am

Wow,

that is an unexpected decision. I feel bad for them and that mess. I am not a computer expert by any means, but has STATS ever had ANY problem in the 3 years with the NFFC? I cannot remember one of any significant meaning. Our NFFC stat site is very good.

BillyWaz

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:25 am

Yea, when you throw that much coin (and an "entertainment fee", things SHOULD run smoother.

Mistakes happen.. but how you fix them is the key.

TradeStar28

WCOFF FAAB SNAFU

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:27 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Yea, when you throw that much coin (and an "entertainment fee", things SHOULD run smoother.

Mistakes happen.. but how you fix them is the key. Its called damage control or in the business world, "Crisis Management".
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again