how many in both wcoff and nffc?

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:55 pm

hey guys,

i just found this site and was amazed to see so many familiar names on this board as in the wcoff.

i may be too late to join, but i will keep this one in mind for next year.

i very much like how this seems to be run, even though greg and tom are very big in the fantasy spotlight, they take more time then "others" to give insight and seem to care more then the "others" in the business.

good luck to all
its nice to be the master

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:18 pm

Not too late. Yes, Greg and Tom have been incredibly responsive and truly service oriented. I don't know where they find the time as they are also intimately involved in publishing many, many fantasy magazines. Great job, gentlemen.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:18 am

We find the time by not sleeping!!!

FFLMaster, we'd love to have ya, but if it doesn't work out check the site from time to time and watch what happens. We did the multi-city format for baseball in March, attracted 195 teams at $1,250 each and are paying out a $100,000 grand prize and over $225,000 in total prize money. That contest included Meat Loaf, who did the NFBC and the Auction League, director Nick Cassavettes and many familiar names from the other contest you mentioned.

I'm not sure how many guys are doing WCOFF and NFFC, but the fact that they are on different weekends certainly makes it possible for guys like Nag and Sack and others to draft at our live event in New York on Sept. 4th and still do the WCOFF in Las Vegas on Sept. 11th. Other names you may be familiar with include Gordon Gekko, Dyv, Vegas Gamblers and JerseyPaul, just to name a few.

We aren't trying to compete against anyone, just trying to bring this high-stakes contest to the masses by hosting it in three different regions of the country. And my goal is to make this more than just an online game as we have Best Buy sponsoring the Welcome Receptions in each city, we will be bringing in former NFL players to speak in each city, we have goodie bags for everyone, we have refreshments at the events for everyone, we give you a year's subscription to Fantasy Sports Magazine, and we even have eight free fantasy football magazines to scour if you want them.

We don't charge Events Fees or make you stay at our hotels as your cost should be for playing the contest. You guys can decide what to eat or drink before the draft and the night before, and decide where to sleep if you'd like. We'll pay for the meeting room space, run a first-class event and in time maybe even find a way to make some money off this concept. Maybe not this first year, but in time!!!

Call me anytime at 715-445-4612, ext. 284 or e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll talk. We encourge all "masters" to try their hands at this 14-team/league concept and see if they really are THE Master. See you at the draft!

[ August 13, 2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:02 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
Not too late. Yes, Greg and Tom have been incredibly responsive and truly service oriented. I don't know where they find the time as they are also intimately involved in publishing many, many fantasy magazines. Great job, gentlemen. Thanks to a special relationship between Krause and some of the top scientists within our government, Greg and I were both cloned months ago.

It's cool but a little bit disturbing at the same time. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

InItToWinIt

Post by InItToWinIt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:25 am

Interesting Greg,

I'm in both the WCOFF and NFFC, also in NFBC. Anyway, I was asked by fellow league members (WCOFF picked leagues Wed.) what other leagues I was in, I mentioned the NFFC but when I put the post up it showed up as **** (Instead of NFFC)

Since their on seperate weekends I'm surprised they are striking out your guys references.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:42 am

Things tend to get deleted there. My record still stands that I have yet to delete a post!!! I told that to Nag last night and he laughed!!!

I think it's great that people are doing the WCOFF and the NFFC. It just shows how dedicated that user base is and it would be one helluva story if the same person won both. Whether guys like us or not, I'm sure WCOFF guys will be VERY interested to see the cumulative NFFC results a week before their event holds their drafts.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Things tend to get deleted there. My record still stands that I have yet to delete a post!!! I told that to Nag last night and he laughed!!!

I think it's great that people are doing the WCOFF and the NFFC. It just shows how dedicated that user base is and it would be one helluva story if the same person won both. Whether guys like us or not, I'm sure WCOFF guys will be VERY interested to see the cumulative NFFC results a week before their event holds their drafts. Gordon - that sounds like a challenge... how many f-bombs and innuendos can you drop to see if Greg will delete your post?

Kidding, of course! I've had some posts deleted 'over there' - freedom of speech only applies to people who are screened... lol
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:43 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
Gordon - that sounds like a challenge... how many f-bombs and innuendos can you drop to see if Greg will delete your post?
Really, I'm not a bad guy. Hard for me to sugar-coat things sometimes. You'll see in Vegas.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:45 am

I think that constituted an actual "touchy-feely" moment for Gordon. No way will that post get deleted. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JB

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:04 am

Hey InItToWinIt,

What league & pick # did you get? I'm pick #5 in League 14.