Percy 'migraine' harvin

mattjb

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by mattjb » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:57 pm

in hospital tonight.

where would you draft him?

wr4 for me i guess - but i'd rather pass.

Sandman62

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 pm

We had him last year and his migraines caused US some start/sit headaches down the stretch. We'll pass this year.

Dirty Deeds

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by Dirty Deeds » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Here is the "Heads up" lol..

I have suffered from the same problem for the last 15 years called male pattern "Cluster Migraine Headaches"

It is documented online that this is the worst known pain to man! It also is noted that the pain is so extreme that it is considered suicidal. I can tell you first hand that this affliction will absolutely shut you down.

I have went through numerous CAT scans and seen enough neurologists to fill up a convention.

The bottom line is there is no science of what causes them and there is no cure. While there are new drugs that can provide temporary relief, you can not control the frequency.

The upside is that they come in "Clusters" that usually last 30-60 days and then subside.

When Percy has the headaches you have to count him out 100%. You cannot function at any level.

You might find though that 2 months from now he will be absolutely fine and playing at his best.

I do not think he will be affected all season long but it is a crapshoot for sure.

Sincerely Dirty
Deeds

Getpaddled

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by Getpaddled » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

When you get this Cluster Migraine Headaches.... Does it ever make you vomit?
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

bald is beautiful

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Not to make light of the illness, but it sounds like a good fantasy team name for a bad team.

BillyWaz

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:48 am

I've gotten one in my life, and nothing seemed to help.

Lasted about a 1/2 hour.....couldn't open my eyes and felt like I was going to get sick. ANY light feels like you are at the dentist with the "big light" in your face multiplied by about 100!

No clue what triggered it, but never want to experience that again.

Dirty Deeds

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by Dirty Deeds » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:44 am

Originally posted by Letter Pusher:
When you get this Cluster Migraine Headaches.... Does it ever make you vomit? Yes that is one of the associated reactions for some. Like Billy said you become ultra sensitive to light and sound.

I played football like most here from peewees up through my Senior year in High School and if I had this condition then I would have quit the sport completely.

The thought of taking helmet to helmet contact is beyond my comprehension as it would scare me to death that it would trigger a headache.

[ August 20, 2010, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Dirty Deeds ]

King of Queens

Percy 'migraine' harvin

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:52 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I've gotten one in my life, and nothing seemed to help.

Lasted about a 1/2 hour.....couldn't open my eyes and felt like I was going to get sick. ANY light feels like you are at the dentist with the "big light" in your face multiplied by about 100!

No clue what triggered it, but never want to experience that again. Be prepared to experience the same during the Monday Super and the BKC! :D