Tom & Greg Live Chat Today At 3 p.m. ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 am

Okay, we don't do this very often, but let's set up a one-hour Live Chat on the NFFC boards today with Greg and Tom onboard to answer questions. We'll send out a newsletter this morning announcing our sale to Fanball.com and I'm sure plenty of folks will have questions. We want to be here to answer all of them.

Tom and I are actually flying to St. Louis tomorrow morning for meetings with the Fanball folks and maybe even some beverages to celebrate our good news. :D Ryan, Charlie, I'll have a Corona or six!!! :D Tom too.

We'll be working down there and in touch every step of the way on the NFFC boards, but before leaving we'd like to be available to talk about the weekend's action of football, the future of the NFFC and even the future of this high-stakes space. Let's have some fun this afternoon and put work off to the side for 60-90 minutes. ;) Sound good?

We have less than 80 spots left for the NFFC Classic and less than 100 spots left for the NFFC Primetime main event. I know we can sell those out and get draft spots to everyone the weekend before the live drafts. Let's get those Fence Sitter's off the fence and get these events filled up.

Okay, feel free to post some questions ahead of time and we'll be here at 3 p.m. ET to have some fun. We have to have our exit interviews here first, clean out our desks (4 big barreled garbage cans have been filled already by the two of us, thank you), and get set up in our new office (we're renting out Chet Krause's old office, the founder of Krause Publications!!!). Talk to you soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

philpo

Post by philpo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:09 am

1. Do you see the rb's in Tampa a rbbc situation.

2. Is Chris Brown the redzone/goal line back in Houston.

3. Name the 4 worst teams record wise for the 2009 season.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:26 am

Hey guys - does the new office have that minifridge?

First the obligatory homer question.....Who is WR3 for the Packers? Nelson or Jones?

Do you really think that Carson Palmer could make a serious rebound and be a Top 10 Quarterback this year?

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:40 am

Where do you guy's have Rosenfel rated and do you think he can handle the job.

Name the three top rookie Wide out's for fantasy value this year.

Havnt heard anything about the Snake classic is there a date.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:04 am

Just for Tom...
Does Kyle Orton Suck :confused: :confused:

Will the Las Vegas $1300 DC be available on MDC or just the phone?

Being that there is an extreme circumstance keeping me out of the mains.
Am I still a defending champ when I come back for 2010??
2008 double playoffs!!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:51 am

Originally posted by philpo:
1. Do you see the rb's in Tampa a rbbc situation.

2. Is Chris Brown the redzone/goal line back in Houston.

3. Name the 4 worst teams record wise for the 2009 season. 1. Yup. Both are good RBs and both will play. The Bucs' passing game will be weak so they'll need to lean on Ward and Graham.

2. He'll vulture a couple of TDs until he gets hurt again.

3. Detroit 3-13, St. Louis 3-13, Oakland 4-12, Cleveland 4-12
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Hey guys - does the new office have that minifridge?

First the obligatory homer question.....Who is WR3 for the Packers? Nelson or Jones?

Do you really think that Carson Palmer could make a serious rebound and be a Top 10 Quarterback this year? No fridge. Bare bones here but it's all we need for now.

James Jones. I posted in the preseason thread that he was working exclusively as the No. 3 WR.

Not Top 10 for Palmer. I'd say 12-15 is more likely.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:53 am

Have you ever packed up 20 years of your professional life in one weekend and just wondered where the time all went?? I mean, I saw pictures of me waaaaaaaaay back in my desk drawer that didn't even look like me!! :D And I had stuff in boxes – like the certificates from Nolan Ryan's 300th win game at County Stadium and Robin Yount's 3,000th hit game in Milwaukee – that I had lost forever. Pretty cool.

Oh well. Today Tom and I are in Chet Krause's old office in Iola and working our butts off after Friday's sale to Fanball.com. It's a pretty interesting feeling to still be working in the company's office that just sold everything you work on to another entity, but we needed to do this to ensure the continuity for this next show. We didn't want to leave three weeks before our live event and unplug our 800-number, our e-mails, mailing address, etc. So we're here at the F+W headquarters for a few more months.

Okay, let's get this Live Chat rollin'. Who has some football questions for us or some NFFC/high stakes questions for us?? :D We're ready.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:54 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Where do you guy's have Rosenfel rated and do you think he can handle the job.

Name the three top rookie Wide out's for fantasy value this year.

Havnt heard anything about the Snake classic is there a date. 1. I'd rank him in the 18-20 range. I think he'll be ok most of the time. Rarely great, but he should be solid.

2. Percy Harvin is really the only rookie WR standing out in my opinion right now. Britt looked good on Saturday but he got hurt. If he can stay healthy, he might be someone to watch but at best he'll be their No. 3 WR and they won't throw it much.

3. Ask Snake about that one.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am

Originally posted by Team Canada:
Just for Tom...
Does Kyle Orton Suck :confused: :confused: He's not very good.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich