NFFC Rules Proposals For 2012

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:04 am

Okay, as I suggested in another thread, we are going to create a survey that will be distributed next month via email to all 2011 NFFC players. That survey will ask for feedback on potential rules proposals for 2012 that can help our games. I'm looking for suggestions to put on that survey. Not all of them will make it on the survey, but let's see what you have!!

Here are some early thoughts:

1. Would you like to see 1 Point Per Reception for Running Backs be given consistently over all of our NFFC games, including the 14-team formats? If no, then you are voting for 1/2 point Per Reception for RBs in 14-team formats and PPR for RBs in 12-team formats.
Yes
No

2. Would you like to see a third team from each NFFC Primetime league advance to the Championship Round? Right now two teams from each Primetime league advance to the Championship Round.
Yes
No

3. Would you like to see the Wild Card numbers for the Championship Rounds in the Classic and Primetime increase, possibly to 20% for Classic and 15% for Primetime?
Yes
No

4. Would you like to see individual players receive special teams points for punt and kickoff TD returns, along with rewarding the Specials Team that produced the TD? In essence, scoring for two players.
Yes
No

5. With 6 points per passing touchdown remaining in the NFFC, would you be in favor of increasing points for interceptions to -2 from -1?
Yes
No

6. Do you agree with the current format that rewards h2h and total points regular season champions with payouts after Week 13?
Yes
No

7. Would you rather have a playoff format for the NFFC Primetime in Weeks 14-16 where the third, fourth and fifth place seeds are given the chance to battle for third place prize money only? So rather than reward third place $700 after Week 13, three teams would battle for that prize money in Weeks 14-16.
Yes
No

8. For Draft Champions Leagues, would you like to have a Live Scoring format that allows your starting lineup to show actual point totals based on the top scores at that time for all 10 positions?
Yes
No

9. Would you like an option that allows you to receive your Classic and Primetime draft slots by early August, knowing that you'd have to set your KDS preferences by then? This would allow anyone who wanted early draft spots to all be chosen accordingly but NOT be placed into the same leagues together.
Yes
No

10. Do you think you would participate if the NFFC added some side games using your Main Event rosters for optional contests like Draft Slot Challenge (yearly prizes for top teams from each draft spot), Bracket Challenges, Weekly High Point Contests and other types of similar contests? All would be optional and participants could compete as often or as little as they wanted.
Yes
No

Okay, this is a starting point. Feel free to comment on the eight proposals above and if you have any other ideas to post them on this thread. We'll put the survey together after receiving your input and send it out after the season. Thanks all.

[ December 21, 2011, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:30 am

1. I would like to see the scoring system the same across all NFFC offerings, if that means 1ppr for RB's - then YES.

2. Yes, and the third team should be the next team using total points.

3. I think 15% is fair for all formats.

4. Hell YES! These are individual efforts and should be rewarded.

5. No. Not all INTs are the QBs fault. If you think that 6pts per td pass is fair for QBs, who go further to penalize them. Doing so will only create a larger gap between the elite QBs and the next tiers.

6. Yes. The regular season should count for something. It is 3/4s of the season.

7. 4th maybe but 5th place, they deserve nothing.

8. If you even have to ask you haven't been listening. If you don't fix this problem, some/most of your regulars won't play in this format again. This aspect of your site sucks the fun out of DCs.

9. No. I HATE the fact that some slots are announced minus leagues. I would strongly prefer to have all done at the same time and as late as possible in the process.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 am

I would like to see the live scoring improve.

It would be nice to see the "Overall Standings" updated in real time. Just not as fun right now when you have to go old school and add up each team's score during the day to their score coming into the week to see where everyone stands.

Same goes for the leagues where teams are in a 3 week points race.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:46 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:

8. If you even have to ask you haven't been listening. If you don't fix this problem, some/most of your regulars won't play in this format again. This aspect of your site sucks the fun out of DCs.

There are not even WEEKLY scores on the League home page for the DC I am in. We use to at least have that. I can't believe I log into the league page and can't even see what the teams posted in a week (even if it isn't live) Rob is correct, it really sucks the life outta playing. He is also correct about the some of the regulars not playing. The Live DCs on Friday are the reason I come out to Vegas on Thursday. I've already looked ahead at 2012 and decided that they just aren't fun anymore because I can't really tell how I'm doing, except in a YTD standings aspect. Rather invest the money spent on league fees, hotel and food into something I'm gonna have fun with.
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:50 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Silver and Black:

There are not even WEEKLY scores on the League home page for the DC I am in. We use to at least have that. I can't believe I log into the league page and can't even see what the teams posted in a week (even if it isn't live) Rob is correct, it really sucks the life outta playing. He is also correct about the some of the regulars not playing. The Live DCs on Friday are the reason I come out to Vegas on Thursday. I've already looked ahead at 2012 and decided that they just aren't fun anymore because I can't really tell how I'm doing, except in a YTD standings aspect. Rather invest the money spent on league fees, hotel and food into something I'm gonna have fun with.
[/QUOTE]I think this was a SLAM DUNK question that I put on for Wayne and other DC members. This will show us how important this is to the contest. As I told Wayne, yes this is something that others are doing and there's no reason why we shouldn't be doing it then. Especially since we now have a Slow Draft DC Championship that is going to grow and grow. By putting this on the survey it will show how important it is to our players. I hope it comes back with 100% yes.

No need to get upset. This was a trick question against ourselves. I thought Wayne would be the first to post and understand it. I didn't expect it to go beyond that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:52 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:
I would like to see the live scoring improve.

It would be nice to see the "Overall Standings" updated in real time. Just not as fun right now when you have to go old school and add up each team's score during the day to their score coming into the week to see where everyone stands.

Same goes for the leagues where teams are in a 3 week points race. We agree with this and have discussed internally improving that aspect. We weren't able to get it done for this year unfortunately but it's definitely a priority going forward.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

leonem

Post by leonem » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:10 am

1-Full PPR for all leagues: Indifferent

2-3rd team in playoffs: I could go either way on this too. Personally I don't like the final playoffs to be a full on lottery ticket, which it will be the more teams you allow in but I do understand by allowing a 3rd team in you may keep more teams involved longer and give a team that got off to an unlucky start a better chance to recover.

3-Increase % of Wild Card Teams: No for reasons I state in number 2.

4-Individual Players Get points on return TD's: YES. If your guy scores, he should get points. We have no problem giving a Qb and WR 6 points each for the same TD so I see no reason why it should be different for a player and a team defense.

5-Increase Interceptions to -2: Makes sense to switch to -2 but don't care too much one way or the other.

6-Keep current system rewarding regular season H2H and points: Yes. I think it is fair to reward the points and head to head. Someone with points (as happened to me in one league) can get extremely unlucky in head to head. I believe I finished 10th in terms of record but led league in points.

7-Playoff for 3rd Place Money: No. If you do do this I agree with Silver and Black that you shouldn't give more than 4th place team a chance to win this money.

8-I haven't played in any DC leagues.

9-Get early draft slots: This sounds like fun, and if this was an option I would most likely elect it.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 am

I'm not interested at all in rewarding points to punt and/or kick returners.

Just my 2 cents, but I also think kickers are over-valued. I would change it to 3 points per field goal and keep it at 1 for extra points. In real life kickers don't get 5 points just becasue the kick was long.

Pete

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:37 am

8. Yes

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 am

I'm going to add one question above involving side games for your Main Event teams. Things like Draft Slot Challenges, weekly prizes, bracket-style tournaments with h2h action each week until the final two teams are left, etc. I could see a setup where you're allowed to compete each week individually for prizes based on your Main Event teams and it's obviously optional for owners. But it's something that would enhance the experience, keep teams fighting longer for prizes and still reward folks in Week 13 for a big week even if the rest of the season has been bad. This to me is one way to keep everyone trying to improve their teams. I'm interested in the feedback from others, so will add that now.