Time for Fantasy Sports to Get the Respect it Deserves

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:16 am

Greg.......... If ESPN can show Poker Tournaments all year round, How is it they can't do a " special " and show your Fantasy Tournaments 2 Times.... the Football-Draft...and the Baseball-Draft . DAM....Don't they realize, Fantasy Sports Saved Both Those Industries. For REAL.... After Free Agency came into play and players started bouncing around from one team to the other like pin balls. THERE WAS NO TEAM LOYALTY ANYMORE, can't blame the players , owners treated them like cattle. But the fact remains, its not like the 70's and 80's when the majority of the same guys played with the same team for most of their career. HOW CAN A FAN BE LOYALL TO A TEAM....WHEN TEAMS HAVE NO SENSE OF LOYALTY ANYMORE. I think Free Agency was starting to kill the fan base....... AND THEN came along fantasy sports, which requires no team loyalty at all......JUST PLAYER LOYALTY. I truly believe Fantasy Sports... saved Baseball, especially after the Strike Debacles in the early 90's....and it gave Football a HUUUUUGE shot in the arm. The Least they could do is give you guys a little air time. Anyway.... Ive been meaning to get that off my chest for a while now. Thanks Greg and Tom......... for setting the Gold Standard in Fantasy Sports. Gary~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:38 am

Relax and take a deep breath D-Day Heroes - they already have one scheduled

RapTors

Post by RapTors » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:47 am

i better start growing my hair out or creating a website address!!!! RT